Thread: Gauges

Question Gauges

I have a '86 military issue 6.2 cube van. It is bare bones in every regard. I am finding myself in need of gauges that indicate water temp, volts, etc. Currently all i have is a speedo on the left and a BIG fuel gauge on the right. I have the impression there are other OEM/stock options, like the right side being fuel, water temp, volts and maybe a clock?? I also really need a tach.

Would it be possible to take the gauge out of a similar year Burb. If not does anyone know a source for the something other than what i have?

thanks for your time.

I'll bet that another "Cluster" out of another Diesel Van (Civilan) and changing some senders on the engine would grant you some more gauges.

IIRC, on the '83 G-van I get the opportunity to work on it has..

Photo Album Link

You'd want to install an oil pressure sender unit, and a coolant temp sender in place of the existing switches. They were used for trouble lights, not gauges, so the senders have to be installed in place.

J

J,

thanks again. you are a infinite source of wisdom regarding the g-van. I really appreciate your advice. R

You're welcome!

I forgot to mention above that a cluster from a Suburban or Truck wouldn't work because the clusters are totally different. You had asked I just forgot to add it.

J