Thread: LLY Exhaust Info

Default LLY Exhaust Info

i have seen many different types of exhaust systems and kits for a duramax. i was just wondering what are better ones to look at and better sounding. i am looking for an exhaust that is loud and throaty and provides better fuel economy. i have a 2004 K2500 LLY crew cab 8ft bed bone stock. I was also wondering if i need a muffler because i have seen kits that offer w/o it. by not having a muffler will that effect anything with the computer or anything?
    and finally i was looking at intake kits. i have seen a few that i am interested in ie banks,k&n, bully dog, what would be a good recommendation. i am looking for power and better fuel economy. thanks

Default Personal preference!!

I have a Magna Flow turbo back with the straight thru muffler. To me it is a little quiet compared to the Burban I sold, but, according to My wife "This thing is annoying!"

If you want flow and sound I would think any large diameter turbo back system would meet your needs.

Just don't forget to find a cool stainless tip, cause it will never be right without one!

Mike
    07 Silverado 2500HD LT3 D/A CC SB, Astro cap, all in Blue Granite Metallic. H2 chrome wheels with 265/70-17 Pirelli Scorpions. Autometer Boost and Pyro mounted overhead. Luverne stainless nerf bars, BedRug, PML trans pan and high cap diff cover.

03 Cardinal 31BH travel trailer weighing in at 9600# loaded and ready to go.

2 x 07 Sea Doo GTX PWC's, 3 Passenger and able to tow skier, tube, etc

02 VW Jetta GL TDI automatic, 42 MPG winter, 47 summer, 96K.

00 VW Jetta GLS TDI 5 speed, Rocket Chip 3 Euro with hi flow injectors. 48 MPG winter, 54 MPG summer. 142K.

For a throaty sound, my 4-5" system has a nice roar when you get on it.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Red face OOPS!! forgot

My Burban had Kennedy's 3.5" system on it.

Sweet sound, easy install and good product.

Only reason his exhaust is not on my DMax is that I got a package deal from a friend parting with a truck.

Mike
    07 Silverado 2500HD LT3 D/A CC SB, Astro cap, all in Blue Granite Metallic. H2 chrome wheels with 265/70-17 Pirelli Scorpions. Autometer Boost and Pyro mounted overhead. Luverne stainless nerf bars, BedRug, PML trans pan and high cap diff cover.

03 Cardinal 31BH travel trailer weighing in at 9600# loaded and ready to go.

2 x 07 Sea Doo GTX PWC's, 3 Passenger and able to tow skier, tube, etc

02 VW Jetta GL TDI automatic, 42 MPG winter, 47 summer, 96K.

00 VW Jetta GLS TDI 5 speed, Rocket Chip 3 Euro with hi flow injectors. 48 MPG winter, 54 MPG summer. 142K.