Thread: Congrats to Brandon Meyers!

Thumbs up Congrats to Brandon Meyers!

I read in the Feb 2007 issue of Diesel Power magazine where Brandon Meyers competed in 22nd annual Hayes Southeastern Mopar Meet, held at the Altanta Dragway, and won the "Quick Diesel" event with a 12.143 second quarter mile. Meyers also won the top trap speed "Garmon" award with 114.35 mph.

Great Job!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by More Power
    I read in the Feb 2007 issue of Diesel Power magazine where Brandon Meyers competed in 22nd annual Hayes Southeastern Mopar Meet, held at the Altanta Dragway, and won the "Quick Diesel" event with a 12.143 second quarter mile. Meyers also won the top trap speed "Garmon" award with 114.35 mph.

Great Job!

Jim
    Thanks MP! It was a fun event with a long day of racing. Getting dialed in to the 12.00 index was interesting, thank God for JK's tuning and EFI live. It is pretty sweet being able to play with fueling tables and nitrous jets to find the perfect mix for the track on any given day.

JK and I kicked around some settings and managed to run a 12.1x pass on the first run. A stop in the pits, a nitrous jet tweak and we backed up our next qualifying pass with a 12.03 good for number three slot in the index.

We ran consistent 12.0X passes through the day and night to finally match up with points leader Jim Layden from Wisconsin. Jim's 12V twinned Cummins was a handful running tight on the dial and interestingly enough he has a 2WD running slicks too. It was kinda fun seeing two 2WD heavyweights running slicks fighting it out in the finals.

I managed a big holeshot and even though it was my slowest pass it was enough to hold off the Cummins.

I won the best package award for most closest passes to the index coupled with the highest trap speeds and had the fastest trap speed for the day in the class. For once having a 2WD paid off!

The Quick Diesel class is really a blast and I highly recommend it to anyone that wants a competitive class without worrying about the "most money" truck always taking the win.
    Last edited by Mark Rinker; 02-09-2007 at 09:22.
    2002 LB7 D/A 2WD. Suncoast Stage V. KD EFILive Tuned, KD N2O, KD 40 Over Injectors, MDP Custom Fuel System, KD MEGA Filter, BD Turbo

2005 LLY D/A 2WD. KD Headlight Booster, KD 4/5 Exhaust, Suncoast Stage V, KD EFILive Tuned.

LB7:12.8@108 #2 Only 11.92@115.62 #2W/N20
    LLY: 471HP & 990 TQ 13.58@100.57

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH_RfHGgKUk]Boosted![/URL]

[url="www.bmdmax.com/index.html"]Truck Website[/url]

[URL=http://www.bmdmax.com/downloads/semc-2.wmv]Chasing 11's Video[/URL]

[url="www.kennedydiesel.com"]Go Fast Goodies Powered by Kennedy Diesel[/url]

11 Second 2WD Crew Posse Member!! Got Slicks?

Quote Originally Posted by BMDMAX
    Thanks MP! It was a fun event with a long day of racing. Getting dialed in to the 12.00 index was interesting, thank god for JK's tuning and EFI live. It is pretty sweet being able to play with fueling tables and nitrous jets to find the perfect mix for the track on any given day.

JK and I kicked around some settings and managed to run a 12.1x pass on the first run. A stop in the pits, a nitrous jet tweak and we backed up our next qualifying pass with a 12.03 good for number three slot in the index.

We ran consistent 12.0X passes through the day and night to finally match up with points leader Jim Layden from Wisconsin. Jim's 12V twinned Cummins was a handful running tight on the dial and interestingly enough he has a 2WD running slicks too. It was kinda fun seeing two 2WD heavyweights running slicks fighting it out in the finals.

I managed a big holeshot and even though it was my slowest pass it was enough to hold off the Cummins.

I won the best package award for most closest passes to the index coupled with the highest trap speeds and had the fastest trap speed for the day in the class. For once having a 2WD paid off!

The Quick Diesel class is really a blast and I highly recommend it to anyone that wants a competitive class without worrying about the "most money" truck always taking the win.
    I just got my issue of DP and you are the man!

Chris
    1999 F-250 PowerStroke Crew Cab Short Box Lariat 4X4
    Fumoto, Turbo-Master, MBRP 4", Billet Triple Disc TC, HD TransGo Tugger, AIS, Triple Pod, Autometer Phantoms, SPDiesel Overboost Eliminator, SCT Tuned By Tadd @ Elite Diesel Performance 75/100/125 and DP-Tuner 80 Econo PCM, Sirius Radio...
    2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Sport 4X4
    Stock for now...
    My Gallery

Dmax wins at a Mopar Meet, now that is sweet. Super job, BM & JK.
    02 2500HD LT D/A SB CC 4X4 BLACK, Westin stainless nerf bars, BW GN Hitch,Racor 60S post oem fuel filter, Oil Guard bypass engine oil Filter. All synthetic fluids. Kennedy boost valve, edge, Modified air intake,EGT & Boost digital gauge,TransferFlow combo fuel & tool box, Air Lift Suspesion Bags Rear & compressor with remote, Bilsteins front & rear, Frontier front replacement bumper.

Great job brandon!

BM, did you blow a motor?
    Twin Turbo LLY

EFI Live Tuned by Me
    11.8 @ 118+ 1/4 on #2 only

It has sprung a major oil leak and is running rough. No holes in the block though.

It was due after five years of abuse.
    2002 LB7 D/A 2WD. Suncoast Stage V. KD EFILive Tuned, KD N2O, KD 40 Over Injectors, MDP Custom Fuel System, KD MEGA Filter, BD Turbo

2005 LLY D/A 2WD. KD Headlight Booster, KD 4/5 Exhaust, Suncoast Stage V, KD EFILive Tuned.

LB7:12.8@108 #2 Only 11.92@115.62 #2W/N20
    LLY: 471HP & 990 TQ 13.58@100.57

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH_RfHGgKUk]Boosted![/URL]

[url="www.bmdmax.com/index.html"]Truck Website[/url]

[URL=http://www.bmdmax.com/downloads/semc-2.wmv]Chasing 11's Video[/URL]

[url="www.kennedydiesel.com"]Go Fast Goodies Powered by Kennedy Diesel[/url]

11 Second 2WD Crew Posse Member!! Got Slicks?

Now whatcha gonna do?
    I hate oil leaks.
    Thought I had one until I realized that, draining the oil filter, oil ran down into the front frame and migrated overnight to the front and dripped on my floor.
    Wow 5 years of abuse and only oil leaks. Amazing isn't it. You suppose you lost some rings and its blowing out the breather? Maybe like melted the aluminum off the top of the piston and froze the rings where they can't expand?
    02 2500HD LT D/A SB CC 4X4 BLACK, Westin stainless nerf bars, BW GN Hitch,Racor 60S post oem fuel filter, Oil Guard bypass engine oil Filter. All synthetic fluids. Kennedy boost valve, edge, Modified air intake,EGT & Boost digital gauge,TransferFlow combo fuel & tool box, Air Lift Suspesion Bags Rear & compressor with remote, Bilsteins front & rear, Frontier front replacement bumper.