Thread: biggest wheels and tires w/ no lift

Default biggest wheels and tires w/ no lift

what's the biggest wheels and tires anyone has with no lift. currently have 285 bf's on stock wheels and just isn't doing it anymore. thanks for the input.
    04 dura crew 4x4 auto lly bd triple power pup w/ outlook 6"fabtech 20" diamo 8 karat and 35" toyo mt's
    05 rincon hmf/dyno jet mudlites

Arrow

Welcome to the Forums!

What do you want? Wider or taller? You can't have both, and not much of either. Wider, you could go with a 305/70/16, which is about the same height as the 285, but about 3/4" wider. This tire does not fit the OEM wheel (neither does the 285, but....). Taller, you could go with 255/85/16, which is narrower, but about 1.5" taller. If you do any towing/hauling, watch the ply ratings. Not all ratings are available in all sizes, and the capacities vary depending on the size and ply ratings.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Arrow

Sounds like you need a 4" lift, new wheels (8-9 in wide rims) and 35" BFG's or...

To help maintain neutral steering, try to get new wheels with the same offset ratio as the stockers.

Jim

thanks for the info, sounds like i'm going to have to go ahead and get a lift after all. i just don't want any nagging problems i drive this truck every day and don't have time for head aches. does anyone have any lift kits they would recommend? thanks again
    04 dura crew 4x4 auto lly bd triple power pup w/ outlook 6"fabtech 20" diamo 8 karat and 35" toyo mt's
    05 rincon hmf/dyno jet mudlites

RCDs are nice.