Thread: 4in Exhaust-Very Impressed

Default 4in Exhaust-Very Impressed

So I got my 3in down pipe put on then i took it to a guy and he did 3in to the end of my ext cab then switched to 4in with a 5in tip with no muffler. I had cold air intake put in a couple months prior and combine that with the exhuast....I was very impressed with the power output. I am getting so much more power and much faster than before. All that is left is installing 40hp Injectors, install gauges, and crank up the pump. I am very excited to see some smoke and feel the power. When it is on high idle it sounds freakin awesome too. Def. turns heads because you dont see or hear many 6.5td's with a straight exhaust.
    93 chevy ext cab long box,
    6.5 turbo diesel-4x4-5sp manual.
    186k miles. Cold air intake,
    4in exhaust.

Just a few days ago I turned the pump up on my 93 and was surprised at the improvement. You really should have a ETG/exhaust temp. gauge before turning up the pump. Something else I don't see in your signiture is someway to increase boost. My 93 had only 4 psi boost from factory mechanical wastegate, many say its safe to go up to 10 to 12 psi but I only run 8 psi. The easiest way to get higher boost is a aftermarket mechanical boost controller from one of the vendors on this forum, then you will need a boost gauge as well to set the wastegate controller.

Edit: sorry missed were you mentioned putting in the gauges. if you need help with the turning up the pump when it comes time let me know its still fresh in my mind.
    Last edited by bcbigfoot; 03-09-2007 at 23:35.
    93 Chev C2500 HD extended cab, long box, 6.5TDF, 4L80E, DB2 injection pump turned up 1/4 turn, flowmaster downpipe, EGT/Boost/Trans. Gauges, 97+ dual thermostates and HO water pump, 97+ round air filter, manual lockup torque conveter switch, homemade wastegate controller set at 8psi, de-snorckeled, 97+ air filter, 3.43 ratio rear gears, autometer gauges, 19 mpg.

Would you care to upload a video of it idling, and maybe a shot of it taking off, both outside of the vehicle? I have been curious as to how a straight piped 6.5TD sounds.
    James