Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Local Regs on Bio Diesel

Red face

Let me know when one of the tree huggers comes up with a way to brew diesel from scrap wood.

I'll stop tossing all the dunnage (sp?) that goes under the steel and poly pipe I haul for a living, and drag it home to make tomorrow's go-juice!
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

I read on the dodge forums that the high pressure fuel lines causes the fuel to plasticize and messes up the injectors. However, I have no proof and would like to see a motor than has been run 100k miles of B-100 torn apart and looked at to compare to another engine run solely on dino diesel.

I would like to make Bio-D and I have a source for WVO that would give me 10 gal a week. Having some problems locating methanol locally. The lye is easy as it can be shipped easily.

However, nothing is worth messing up a 16k+ motor, so.... I would only run it at b5 level after I got good enough at it to pass ASTM specs. Yes, I would give up the initial savings by paying to get it tested.

We don't even run winter blend fuel here, so I am not worried about gelling. I can only remember 1 day where it got to 40 degrees last year.
    2007 Silverado, 3500HD, 4X4, CC, Long Bed, SRW, LMM Diesel, Navi, DVD, Roll-N-Lock Cover, ICI Running Boards, CoastalEtech GM Lockpick for DVD/Nav changes in Motion, Back-up Camera...

2006.5 VW Jetta Special Edition TDI - Blue Graphite - European Spec VW Fact. Nav Radio.