Thread: Jeep Wrangler 6.2L swap is cancelled!

Exclamation Jeep Wrangler 6.2L swap is cancelled!

Well my plans to swap a 6.2L into a 1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ have been cancelled. Right after I bought the Jeep in September, my wife and I found out that we're expecting our first baby!!! Ultrasounds show a healthy baby girl. She's due July 3rd.

Since all of the vehicles we owned were 2 doors, we decided we needed a more family oriented car. Of course, a 6.5L-powered Suburban caught my eye, but it's just a bit too large for my wife to feel comfortable in. If only they made a 4 door diesel Tahoe....

Anyway, the Jeep has been sold and has been replaced with a 2000 Chrysler Town & Country. I'm not really that excited about a minivan, but it actually drives quite nice....I'm quite surprised. I bought it from a friend of mine who bought it new and took immaculate care of it.

So, that means the Tahoe has now become my daily driver! So I still get to have both of my diesels to play with. Perhaps now I can devote a little more time to the '81. Some body cancer has returned once again, and the tranny is need of some attention.

Perhaps I can try the Jeep project again in the near future....

Casey
    (The new dad to be!)
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter

congratulations!
    ---------------------
    1998 Chevy silverado 3500 4x4, 6.5TD, 215000 miles, 4L80-E, 4.10 ratio, 6" lift, gauges and intercooler... and a newly rebuilt engine on new block and heads!

Congratulations! As the dad of a couple little ones (one just turned 3 and the other will be 5 next month), I can tell you that there is nothing better than being a dad. They are part of why my project took so long! As a word of advice, wrap up any projects you have prior to July because you will have no time for anything for the first several months.
    1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer...new 6.5 in process...diamond block, 18:1's, other goodies...

Congrats on the wee one

I fully understand the issues involved.
    Just became a grandparent a couple months ago.
    Been a long time since we had little folks around here.
    They are a wonderful thing.

Good luck

Robyn
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Quote Originally Posted by JeepSJ
    As a word of advice, wrap up any projects you have prior to July because you will have no time for anything for the first several months.
    Yeah, like putting an addition on the house? We started adding on a couple of bedrooms to the house back in August, in anticipation of some youngin's coming around. The exterior is done, but I still have bare stud walls on the interior. For some odd reason, my wife is telling me we MUST have the baby's room ready by the time the baby arrives?? Getting that project done is my top priority. We've had such bad weather this winter, it's really slowed me down. Hopefully I can get the electric roughed in by next weekend, and then I can start with the drywall. Thankfully there's no plumbing, so that will speed things up.

Casey