Thread: 5" exhaust problem

Default 5" exhaust problem

i just got my new exhaust on and it went on smooth it's a 4" down pipe and 5" out the back no cat with muffler. my problem is it hiss's when at idol any suggestions or is that normal. thanks
    04 dura crew 4x4 auto lly bd triple power pup w/ outlook 6"fabtech 20" diamo 8 karat and 35" toyo mt's
    05 rincon hmf/dyno jet mudlites

Default I hope it's normal...

I have a 4", turbo-back exhaust and I hear that hissing sound when I am near the exhaust exit. I assume it is the turbo. BTW, it changes tone if you remain at the exhaust exit long enough. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Jim M.
    '05 2500HD D/A CC SB 4x4 Silver LS ~65,000+ mi.
    Isspro EGT (pre-turbo) & Boost analog guages; 4" Magnaflow exhaust; Superchips programmer; Uni-Foam Air Filter; Boost stick w/ext.; Amsoil Lubrication products; Aux. fuel filter (Post OEM); FilterMags on oil, fuel, and trans; Bilstein shocks; Amsoil Dual Remote oil bypass; 60 gal. In-bed RDS Aux. fuel tank; Prodigy electric brake controller; VR3 Color Back-up Camera System, Battery tender
    '10 Coachmen FW 35RLDS ~35', 11k lbs.(loaded)

I think that might be normal, i just don't know if i can get used to it but ,you're right i only hear it at the tail pipe. thanks
    04 dura crew 4x4 auto lly bd triple power pup w/ outlook 6"fabtech 20" diamo 8 karat and 35" toyo mt's
    05 rincon hmf/dyno jet mudlites

I have the same and hear the same. I think its normal and I like it!!

FB
    2006 GMC D/A C/C S/B, Snug Top Shell, Bed-slider
    33 inch Toyos, 17/8 Pro Comp Wheels, 4 in SS MBRP Exhaust-Turbo back, Evolution Tune, Mag-Hytec on Rear and Trans, Tranco Jr Shift Kit.

I too, think it might be normal. My son's 03 Dually does it. Think you can prove it by having someone else shut of the engine while you stand at the tail pipe. Engine will shut down in a few revolutions, while the turbo can be heard to roll on for a bit. Let us know after you've tried it.
    DW
    2008 Jaco Seneca 35' motor home (Kodiak 5500 chassis). Pulling 18' Wells Cargo enclosed trailer, with 2016 Miata in it.