Thread: 6.5 Girdle

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

looking for a little clarification here........i'm thinking that the girdle is just extra support or strength for your crank bearings to prevent the typical cracking on the block....am i right? sorry if it sounds stupid but i just wasn't positive and was hoping for an answer

I'm also wondering if its better to have the girdle or the splayed main caps.......i'd rather not take it to the machine shop because i'm not planning on doing a full rebuild just yet.

also curious if something like the girdle is easy to install, and are they rather readily available?

if adding the girdle is a good way to ensure i don't crack my block i'm thinking i should do it while i have the engine out of my truck.

thanks in advance for any advice
    Last edited by gophergunner; 06-06-2007 at 09:17.
    2011 VW Jetta TDI, pretty well loaded without leather.
    2006 GMC Sierra D-max, 4x4, 4 door, bumper, winch, Espar heater, and the HID lights are a nice touch too.....
    1986 GMC 3500, 454 on propane, 4 speed, 4x4, crew cab dually......the welding truck
    1984 Toyota 4x4 pickup, 4.3 V6, 700R4, Toyota t-case.......transforming into 4x4 cage buggy