Thread: Pillar Paint

Default Pillar Paint

I am installing a pillar mount for my gauges. I need to match paint. I have a guy at the local paint shop who will paint it VERY reasonably. The only prob is that he is saying 3 weeks or so to get to it (hence the reasonable price). He has a job coming in and will have the paint already.

I have looked for the paint in a spray can to paint myself, but I can't find it. What have others been doing?? He says he'll paint it for 25 bucks out the door. I just hoped to have it in a little sooner than that.

Please steer me in the right direction...
    Scott
    St. Louis, MO

'06 Silverado K2500 4x4 Crew Cab D/A "Big Max" AmpResearch retractable Running Boards, 4" Turbo back Kennedy Exhaust, Kennedy Custom Tune!
    '99 BMW K1200LT "Special K" my other "SUV"
    '07 Salem by Forest River Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler

Arrow

A local auto paint store near here offers custom match interior paint in a rattle can. It's really reasonably priced. If the color isn't a common one, just take in a piece of the interior trim of the color you need, and they can match it. I'd bet paint stores around the country offer similar services.

Jim

Thanks MP I called NAPA and a local paint store. They don't carry a brand available in a 'rattle' can, and weren't aware of a brand or where to get it. I'll keep looking. Just wondered if anyone had a brand name, or leads on where to go.
    Scott
    St. Louis, MO

'06 Silverado K2500 4x4 Crew Cab D/A "Big Max" AmpResearch retractable Running Boards, 4" Turbo back Kennedy Exhaust, Kennedy Custom Tune!
    '99 BMW K1200LT "Special K" my other "SUV"
    '07 Salem by Forest River Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler

Arrow

The auto paint store I mentioned custom mixes the paint. (Parts Plus, 800-823-2440, ask for the paint department) They've got a computerized system that mixes the paint, pours it into a rattle can, then pressurizes it. There isn't a brand involved.

Jim

Check here: http://www.sem.ws/index.php

Left side "where to buy" should give you local locations.

You want either their Color Coat product: http://www.sem.ws/category.php?category_id=36

Or Sure Coat product: http://www.sem.ws/category.php?category_id=35
    '94 GMC 6.5TD K1500 4L80E 2-Door Yukon SLE 221K
    '93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500HD NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 187K
    '85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
    Diesel Page Member #2423

If you havent found anything yet,i dont know where you are in the lou,but over here in belleville theres a place called auto spectrum that can match and mix anything you need int.or ext. for a reasonable price.