Thread: Shifting solenoids 4L80E Tranny

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Shifting solenoids 4L80E Tranny

Would anyone have any part numbers on both of these solenoids. Tried napa but they gave me the wrong ones Thank You for any help
    93' K2500 6.5 T.D. just a plain old work horse. 165.000 miles 9' plow. 4L80E Tranny

Either call your Fav tranny shop or GM dealer.

Some of this stuff can get beyond the scope of some partshouse people.

Napa should have a good catalog on this stuff though..
    call the GM dealer and get a GM number and then have your NAPA guy cross reference it to their numbers.

Hope this helps

Robyn
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Check out www.rockauto.com

I digged up for my 97' 24230288, 1-2 solenoid....... 24130289, 2-3 solenoid for the MT1 transmission.
    William

97 Chevy Tahoe 2Dr 6.5 Kennedy Exhaust Pipes w/Homemade Resonator and Flowmaster Muffler, Turbo Tech intercooler and Kennedy/Westers computer
    01 Sunline 2363 Travel Trailer

Thanks for the help picked them up at dealer tonight. to my dissmay it didn't fix the problem
    93' K2500 6.5 T.D. just a plain old work horse. 165.000 miles 9' plow. 4L80E Tranny

Quote Originally Posted by jfbushee
    Thanks for the help picked them up at dealer tonight. to my dissmay it didn't fix the problem
    You never told us what the problem was.

Let me guess, second gear only with codes for A and B solenoids and maybe the TCC solenoid, too?

Check the voltage at the trans fuse immediately after turning the key on. If it drops to less than 9 volts, you may need a new ignition switch. Once the PCM detects a fault it locks out all shifts.

The solenoids rarely fail, and it would be an incredible coincidence if they both failed at the same time...
    The Constitution needs to be re-read, not re-written!

If you can't handle Dr. Seuss, how will you handle real life?

Current oil burners: MB GLK250 BlueTEC, John Deere X758
    New ride: MB GLS450 - most stately
    Gone but not forgotten: '87 F350 7.3, '93 C2500 6.5, '95 K2500 6.5, '06 K2500HD 6.6, '90 MB 350SDL, Kubota 7510

Arrow

While you're testing, test the solenoid(s) with a VOM. They should be 20-40 ohms. You can do it with the solenoids in hand, or through the harness. Pin #s and wire colors are dependent on year model, so you'll need a diagram (or instructions) for your model.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC
    You never told us what the problem was.

Let me guess, second gear only with codes for A and B solenoids and maybe the TCC solenoid, too?

Check the voltage at the trans fuse immediately after turning the key on. If it drops to less than 9 volts, you may need a new ignition switch. Once the PCM detects a fault it locks out all shifts.

The solenoids rarely fail, and it would be an incredible coincidence if they both failed at the same time...
    Checked the voltage at fuse in panel was 12.20 volts. Seems to be stuck in limp mode will not shift out of what seems to be second gear,have reverse. Transmission was working fine up till the I.P. went bad relpaced it with a rebuilt one. Replaced the TPS also rebuilt one came back with what looked like a used one or my old one so replaced and put in same possition as old.
    Replaced TCC Solenoid.A&B shift solenoids, Input & Output solenoids. Vss sensor on transfer case, At this point have no further ideas