Thread: LMM Fuel Economy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by craigth View Post
    Larger tires should NOT make that much difference in MPG vs stock tires! With the Duramax I should be getting at least 13-15 if not higher considering some on this forum claim 17-20, which sorry, I don't believe!
    What sort of fuel economy did you get with a completely stock truck, stock tires, stock programming, etc., and driving at a constant 65-mph on the Interstate?

Jim

AKMark is offline Building another 6.2L powered vehicle

Those tires are pretty heavy, that makes a bigger difference than most realize. Also, how far off is your speedo now? Make sure to take that into consideration.
    05 2500HD CC LB LLY, 4x4, 3.73s 235/85R16's, webasto cab heater, to keep it warm.
    03 Buick Rendezvous - When you average over 80 miles per day driving around, you need one of these.
    85 K-5, 6.2, SM465, Rockwell T221, 1 tons, 36's. More goodies to be installed as time and money allows.
    82 K20, 6.2, SM465, NP208, stock except for bed rack, snow plow, and glow plugs are on a toggle switch. It works great for plowing!
    72 Postal Jeep - Yet another project

The lift kit won't affect as much as the tire size, With 373 rears and adding bigger tires the allision computer starts changing things, sensing the load from the tires it adjusts to more of a tow mode, changes the shift points and converter lockup.
    I know of a truck with 22.5's that won't go into full over drive lockup untill 25mph because of the matchup of tire to rear end.
    As always it takes a diesel a long while to break in compared to gas. It took about 17000 mi to notice a dif in my cat330