Thread: Three groove water pump pulley

Default Three groove water pump pulley

I have a damped three groove harmonic balancer pulley that is in great shape. I would like to replace the stamped steel three groove harmonic balancer pulley that I have. I don't have the matching three groove water pump pulley. I tried the dealer, but they don't carry a three groove water pump pulley anymore. I've tried advant salvage, they helped but the three groove I recieved from them makes the front and middle groove work, but not the rear groove.

The damped harmonic balancer pulley has a small middle groove, and large front and rear grooves. I think I need a water pump pulley with large front and rear grooves and a small middle groove.

Does one of those pulleys exist? Does any body have one?

I can make the front two grooves work by running the ac on the front groove (connects the water pump pulley), the alternator on the middle groove (connects the water pump pulley), and the power steering pump on the third groove (does not go to the water pump pulley). The power steering belt would be driven by the water pump pulley's rear groove (small belt run between water pump pulley and power steering pump). This seems a little half assed, but if I can't find the correct water pump pulley I guess it will work.

Does anybody have a three groove water pump pulley with small middle groove and large diameter front and rear grooves?

Thanks

Chip
    Attached Images Attached Images