Thread: TPS changed still code.

Default TPS changed still code.

I changed my tps this weekend and cleared all the trouble codes from the computer, but when i drive the truck the service light come on
    and the code is 21 =tps
    What is the problem

Arrow

Did you clear the code? Even though you fix it, the code will stay in the ECM memory until a given number of ignintion or warmup cycles have elapsed. If the SES is off, then comes on while driving, the problem is still there.

At the same time, don't rule out connectors, grounds and wiring as the original problem. If you clear the code and it returns, it isn't fixed.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Wanna make it easy to clear codes? Remove battery negative or negatives if you have 2 for at least 30 minutes, bingo your computer codes are gone(this includes ECM). Check your owners manual to see if there is a re-learning procedure for your vehicle, most computer controlled vehicles have a step by step.
    1988 C3500 2x4 extended cab 6.2 N/A TH400 Dually

The TPS has to be adjusted as well, it's possible that it's way out of alignment on the side of the injection pump.

Loosen both of the 10mm bolts that hold on the tps.

Rotate the TPS on the injection pump, rotate it to where it doesn't have any tension on the stud that sticks out of the pump (that the TPS wheel rides on).

Then rotate the TPS to where it just baraly touches and has just a little tension. Tighten it up.

The idea is to get the TPS to start to move when the IP lever starts to move, not already have too much tension, kind of calibrates the TPS to how mouch throttle you actually have.

This method is what you can use w/o the KM Tool block.

J

i will try to adjust it again, i cleared all the codes before i started the car.
    i disconected the ecm for some minutes