Thread: I know there's an easier way

Default I know there's an easier way

I finally installed my pillar guages. I need now to find a place to tap into my dash lights to get dimmer controlled power to the lights in the guages. Any experience out there that can tell me an easier way or place to pick up the dimmer controlled power to the guages?
    Scott
    St. Louis, MO

'06 Silverado K2500 4x4 Crew Cab D/A "Big Max" AmpResearch retractable Running Boards, 4" Turbo back Kennedy Exhaust, Kennedy Custom Tune!
    '99 BMW K1200LT "Special K" my other "SUV"
    '07 Salem by Forest River Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler

Arrow

I've done several, but none were 2006. It's a pretty safe bet you can splice into the dimmer from the back of the headlamp switch. It is very accessible. Just look for the wire that will vary voltage when the dimmer is rotated. Wish I could help further, but I don't have a 2006 diagram handy. When you figure it out, please post what you find so the rest of us will be in the know.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

If you go to the footwell electrical center where you plug in the trailer brake control you will find there is a pin that dims with the dash lights. You'll want a 3/16" female spade connector. You can find with a test light.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy
    If you go to the footwell electrical center where you plug in the trailer brake control you will find there is a pin that dims with the dash lights. You'll want a 3/16" female spade connector. You can find with a test light.
    That's a better idea. Thanks John!
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy
    THAT'S the info I was looking for! Thanks to you both!

Scott
    Scott
    St. Louis, MO

'06 Silverado K2500 4x4 Crew Cab D/A "Big Max" AmpResearch retractable Running Boards, 4" Turbo back Kennedy Exhaust, Kennedy Custom Tune!
    '99 BMW K1200LT "Special K" my other "SUV"
    '07 Salem by Forest River Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler