Thread: Transmission Slip??

Default Transmission Slip??

Hello,
    I installed my bully dog programmer yesterday and have it set on Tow mode. Now sometimes (2 out of the 3 times I did it) when I hit the gas the truck starts to accelerate then has a hesitation (like the power is cut) then takes off again. Does that sound like the tranny is slipping? Or cutting out due to too much torque??
    It is a 2007 Classic gmc, AFE intake and Exhaust, with a bully dog on tow setting.
    Thank you for any help.
    T

Arrow

Not slippage. That's defueling between shifts. It will take some time for the TCM to learn about the new power. Shifts should quicken and be more firm as you drive it. You'll also notice just the opposite when you take away the power. Go back to stock power (or a lower level) after it learns, and the shifts will be hard and fast. Torque management in progress. You can reduce the effect with just a little less pedal input.

When your tranny slips, you'll know it! Limp Mode.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Thanks for the help!

Unhappy Erratic shifting

I am having a similar issue in that it feels like the transmission is hesitating to shift when accelerating aggressively, (i.e. defueling I think). Also when driving normally (light-footed) the transmission feels like it goes through the shift sequence too quickly, like from 2nd-3rd-4th at or under 2000 rpm. Is it possible that the Trans is not properly learning (if that makes any sense) to shift with Edge? I tried the different defueling options in the attitude monitor but it did not change this issue. I did do a complete tranny service with internal filter, spin on filter and Amsoil syn ATF. I did at one point unplug the edge but the transmission reacted similar with less power. I also tried disconnecting the batteries overnight to reset the TCM. None of these options have corrected the problem. I have noticed that when I am hooked up to my boat (approx. 5500lbs) in the #2 setting on the edge and in tow/haul mode, the transmission feels the best, solid shifts after using the full rpm range. My first edge caused some erratic shifts and would "reboot" intermittently so it was replaced last year. The new worked great for a while but now I am seeing random problems so I am not sure if it is the Trans, the edge, the TCM, or a combination?

I have never gotten any codes nor ever seen the SES light come on.

2003 D/A, AFE intake, 4" exhaust, 2008 Edge w/ attitude, Stock tranny, 140K miles.

I apologize if the post seems like I am rambling, but I am not sure where to start.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

-Chad