Hey guys ... new on here today .. I am in the process of buying a 2000 chevy one ton with a blown motor and an NV4500 tranny and I had a few questions about the cummins conversion into this style truck ... I have a '93 12V in a '91 CC 4X4 dually chevy that I did in '08 and have almost 100K since the conversion ...
My first question is the clearance over the frame crossmember ... are there any oil pan mods requ'd to do this conversion ... I have the original '98 Dodge motor mounts on the engine and I intend to just build a bracket to accept them in the frame ... the other question is, Is the chevy NV4500 capable of taking the dodge bell housing and input shaft to adapt the trans to the motor ..
Also i see in the above post that the poster said that there is no room for the engine mounted fan and that the radiator had to be moved 2" forward to accomodate the engine and only with the use of electric fans ... could this be different with the trans located further back in the frame allowing the engine to sit further back in the engine compartment ....
I my '91 cc chevy I was able to locate the engine so that the cummins fan actually centered in the original GM fan shroud ... I was hoping to do something similar with this conversion ...
I would greatly appreciate any input that anyone has in this conversion application ...