Hello all, I'm new to this forum as well; I've been reading up on everyones ideas, and progress, upsides and downsides of the detroit engines. I'm currently looking for a 4-53T myself and I want to drop it in a 1968 IH 2WD 1200 pickup truck. I noticed someone called Journey Man had done this with a Travelall and was wondering what kind of set-up he had in it. I used to drive a Mack truck with an oldtime 2 stick 18 speed, drove that truck for a few yrs. Retired now, and want to do something different. I've gotten to missing changing all those gears, so here's what Lord Willing; I'd like to end up with: That truck, the Detroit 4-53T, and a 3 speed aux. Yes I know detroits reputation, they like it best wide open or close to it anyways. I belive I've found the place with the people who can help me with my endevor. I'd like to keep the trans. and rear end because it has a detroit locker rear end in it now. I know there's got to be a way to get a good gear ratio between the 2 trans. to end up with about 75 MPH top out speed comfortably. I don't hear to good anyhow, so I'm not worried about the noise; I like the sound of those old engines! I've not found an engine yet, but Lord Willing; I will. Please ALL advise would be deeply appreciated...Thanks.