Thread: Tuner for LMM

Default Tuner for LMM

Looking for any sugestions. So far I've run across the Duramax Xcellerator LMM from PPE. Has anybody used this 1 yet? Used Edge/Attitude combo with great success in my 03.

Maybe wait and see is the best answer?!

Arrow

I see where some of the major exhaust system manufacturers are now offering DPF back exhaust systems for the new trucks. Otherwise, I'd wait a while before trying a performance product. I'd like to see what the service history of the new systems look like after lots more trucks and miles accumulate on them.

Jim

Yea I'm defenatly taking a wait and see stance until some results start coming in.

Talking

Maybe the aftermarket will chase after Ford and give us a tuner that makes flames shoot out the tailpipe!

I have a theory that propane-equipped trucks may do just that, if set too high for the available intake charge. Sounds like the DPF can provide a source of ignition, under the wrong conditions.
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

Quote Originally Posted by More Power
    I see where some of the major exhaust system manufacturers are now offering DPF back exhaust systems for the new trucks. Otherwise, I'd wait a while before trying a performance product. I'd like to see what the service history of the new systems look like after lots more trucks and miles accumulate on them.

Jim
    Absolutely. I make my living selling stuff like this, but there's no way I want to jump in head first with anything but my own truck. I haven't seen the exhaust systems yet, but wonder what will happen in regen mode. I also wonder how much REAL gain there is?

I'll be traveling down this road this fall, but for now I'm on the fence...
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Hey JK
    Keep us posted. Being from central WI I always wanted to get over by your shop there. I have a friend from work here who just picked up some TTT mirrors for his 07 GMC D/A and said you've got a good setup there.

I'm guessing it'll be next spring before I pull the pin on mods. Always wanted to do that Montana pull as well. We usaully go out to Glacier National for vaction most summers - I'l have to arrage that in the next couple years. At least to watch if anything.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy
    Absolutely. I make my living selling stuff like this, but there's no way I want to jump in head first with anything but my own truck. I haven't seen the exhaust systems yet, but wonder what will happen in regen mode. I also wonder how much REAL gain there is?

I'll be traveling down this road this fall, but for now I'm on the fence...
    There are at least two reasons for installing a performance exhaust system - for practical reasons, like power & economy, but also for the larger and/or nicer looking aspect.

Magnaflow has a new exhaust system ad for the 2008 Ford 6.4L. It said the single polished stainless tip was designed to reduce tip temperature and look better, and the entire DPF-back system was stainless. The performance aspect was mentioned.

Jim
    Last edited by More Power; 06-16-2007 at 13:06.

I know of a guy that is running cat, DPF, muffler delete on his LMM. He says it runs great just has a ses light for now. Apparently the exhaust company (dunno which one) is working on a fix for the ses light. This is very interesting....

Keep us posted!

Update:
    Bully Dog and Edge are offering tuners now as well. Bully Dog is NOT making their extreme tune avaiable for LMM - I don't know if that is temporary or permenant.

I still haven't gotten any 'real-world' feedback as far as results for any tuners that are available.

More Power or JK,

A tech bulletin on Fords claims that if the 6.0 Powerstroke is torn down and the top of the pistons show a star shape burn pattern, that you've been running a chip or programmer....even if there is no trace in the ecm. Any head gaskets or similar problem warranties are to be denied. Could this be possible with the duramax also? Kind of scarey if you have a warranty and run a very mild chip, yet get denied warranty even if the chip is not the culprit. Once its listed in the Oasis Ford system that you've chipped the truck, you're pretty much screwed. Let me know your thoughts on this, especially if the burn pattern is different on a duramax if its chipped or reprogrammed.

Thanks,
    George

Default GM issues

According to GM, any add on's will void warranty EPA enforced. The LMM is awesome out of the box, it will literally melt the tires off in about 5 minutes if you wanted to.. I work for Chevy and test drive all the new LMM's, makes me want one. My LBZ is outrageous, but will eventually need even more money dumped in it, ie. tranny upgrades. If you aren't already grining from ear to ear, while driving your stock LMM, something is wrong. Wait and see, what comes out for the LBZ, but stock computer is capable of registering any changes to the ECM, and dealerships will know. Don't chance it until your warranty has expired, then go for it.
    2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
    Duramax LBZ, 6-Speed Automatic 4X4
    Edge Juice w/Attitude, S&B Air Intake, MBRP Cool Duals (turbo back)