Thread: extra fuel tank

Default extra fuel tank

anyone know of a "spare" fuel tank that can be installed in bed that wont take a huge space...thinking it would be handy as pocket on a shirt when not able to find ULS fuel for new 07

i've got a unit in my 2006 sierra that i bought here in edmonton. has a tool box on top that can be removed off the fuel tank which sits underneath. the tool box lid is essentially what locks the fuel tank too. i even had my tank plumbed right into my truck tank so with the flick of a switch the valve opens and the pump turns on.

i know of a shop here in edmonton that can get them made provided that you give them measurements of what you want.......but they aren't cheap
    2011 VW Jetta TDI, pretty well loaded without leather.
    2006 GMC Sierra D-max, 4x4, 4 door, bumper, winch, Espar heater, and the HID lights are a nice touch too.....
    1986 GMC 3500, 454 on propane, 4 speed, 4x4, crew cab dually......the welding truck
    1984 Toyota 4x4 pickup, 4.3 V6, 700R4, Toyota t-case.......transforming into 4x4 cage buggy

Smile Extra fuel tank

I'm using the "Transfer Flow" 98 gallon tank in mine. Cost's $$$ but saves me .30 to .35 cents per gallon when I buy in a lower fuel tax state. This gives me at total of 132 gallons. Takes up about 25" in the front of the bed, but I have an 8' bed so its not too bad for room. It pumps into my main tank automatic, so I don't need to do anything, but fill it up once in a while. The read out in the cab gives me main tank, Aux tank, and total capacity, and also tells me when its pumping.
    Transfer Flow has several other tank capacity's, but they are not cheap, but they are legal in all states.
    Tom McCauley (DP Member #513)
    "Tankers-ToyII" Loaded 05 D/A K-3500 CC, SRW. Deep pan on Allison w/Transyn. Edge Juice w/attitude, 4" Kennedy exhaust, 98 Gal. Transfer-Flow cross bed fuel tank, Leer 100XQ bed cap. Reese 14,000lb class V hitch w/ dual cam HP sway control. Tow 34ft. 32FKD Holiday Rambler travel trailer. GCW 20,360lbs

Default This set up really make sense . . .

Try this site - www.tourbuddy.com http://.www.tourbuddy.com The tank/tanks sit in front and behind the wheel wells. I like the concept but think it's a bit over priced and with 4 tank hook up, well, that's a lot that could happen. Good concept though.

Default American Tank

I've had an American Tank 40 gallon in the front of my bed since Dec. of 2001. Not cheap, but a great tank kit with all the parts and pieces necessary to plumb it in with a single toggle switch that swaps supply and return (through the OEM fuel cooler) and the in-service tank to the OEM fuel gauge.

www.auxtank.com
    Tom Ashley 2004 6.0 2500HD/Silverado CC/SB/4x4