Thread: Door Jamb Info Sticker Available?

Default Door Jamb Info Sticker Available?

Hi gang-

Before I bought my 92 C3500 6.5TD Crew Cab Dually, the previous owner repainted it, which is all fine and dandy. However, he got overspray in the door jambs, and now you can't read the sticker in the jamb that tells the GVWR, Tire Size, etc. Can you get replacements for these from the dealer if you give them the VIN, or is there a source for these anywhere?

One of the reasons I ask, is because the owners manual lists one tire size, but the previous owner apparently put on a smaller size. Since I know the owners manuals are produced well ahead of the vehicle, it is possible that there was a change. I was wondering what the factory tire size should be, and assume it is listed correctly on the sticker that I can't read. I don't have it handy right now, but I believe the owners manual says 235/75-16. What the previous owner installed is 215/85-16.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Dave Z.
    Bellevue, NE

No ideas??

Not even a bad one??

Dave Z.
    Bellevue, NE

Try trotting the Vin over to a MA GENERAL store and see if they can give you the original build info on the truck.

Robyn
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Height on those tires are only about 1/2" different in total diameter. The main difference is the width, the 235 is about 3/4" (20mm) wider than the 215. The 215/85 tire, probably, is a higher load capacity.

The dealer or a tire shop should be able to look up what came stock on your truck, or go look at another truck of the same year and model.
    1993 K3500 - Peninsular 18:1 engine, marine injectors, high capacity cooling, AL Core Radiator, 3" DP and 4" exhaust, ISSPRO Gauges, Girdle, AMSOIL Dual Oil Filter System, 1997 Air Filter(trashed the K&N), 395K on Body, 165k on engine.
    1997 GMC Savana - 6.5 TD
    1966 CJ5 - V6 Gas - highly modified
    1967 Jeepster - Stock
    1986 Jeep CJ7 - Stock
    1993 Grand Cherokee - 6.2 diesel
    2007 Grand Cherokee - 3.0 diesel