Thread: New Allison LCT-1000

Default New Allison LCT-1000

I'm trying to local and purchase an Allison LCT-1000 6spd with all the electronics for a project that I will be starting in about a year.

My project will be putting an Allison in my 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4. Yes it has a Cummins and a NV5600 6speed manual. You may laugh know , but I came here for your help and I will be buy a Duramax H2 down the road for the wifey .

This is what I have found so far, parts from www.destroked.com to mate the Allison to my Cummins and www.stonebennett.com/Sb/Home.html to shift the Allison. (Does anyone have experience with Stone Bennett Products they can tell me about?)

I know there will be more to the project but this is a good start. I believe mating the Allison to my NV 271 Transfer Case maybe a problem but I think can be worked out. I also have been looking at Suncoast Converter Allison swap but I looking for info on a plan “B”.

Thank you for your time and help.
    BP

Arrow

I don't have the details, but I know there are transmission adapters of all sorts for the BT5.9, which allows adapting just about any suitable transmission (and bellhousing bolt pattern) to the Cummins. For the Allison 1000, getting a factory standalone TCM might be a bit more of a challenge. You could contact www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com. They were supposedly offering a standalone TCM for the 5-speed Allisons.

Allison transmission & NVG-261/263 transfer cases pairs are not that hard to come by, and may be easier than trying to adapt your original txfer case to the Allison. The front driveshaft output on these GM transfer cases are on the driver's side.

Jim

Talking

Somehow midway through this project, I envision you slapping yourself on the forehead and exclaiming..."Wow. I could have had a V-8".

Keep us posted on your progress. The Allison is a great transmission - who knows in a year or so we might see it in light duty Fords, Dodges, Toyotas, etc...
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K