Thread: LMM - MBRP Cool Duals Diesel Exaust (Filter back)

Default LMM - MBRP Cool Duals Diesel Exaust (Filter back)

Anybody try this yet?

It's filter back so the DPF is still on.

Updating my own thread since nobody else replied:

Still waiting for the exhuast to arrive. It's filter back and appears to bolt-on right before where the muffle is now. When I get'er on I let everybody know...

Did you get it?
    2007 Silverado, 3500HD, 4X4, CC, Long Bed, SRW, LMM Diesel, Navi, DVD, Roll-N-Lock Cover, ICI Running Boards, CoastalEtech GM Lockpick for DVD/Nav changes in Motion, Back-up Camera...

2006.5 VW Jetta Special Edition TDI - Blue Graphite - European Spec VW Fact. Nav Radio.

Put'em on last night. Took a little over an hour to get old system off and new system on. So far so good. Little growl and you can hear the turbo spool more. Otherwise no big diff. Considering I took the muffle off it's prolly the quitest system I've ever intalled. No drone at any speed. Haven't had regen through them yet but my thinking was where 1 pipe is good 2 might be better for heat displacement.

O yea the pipes are flutted right before the tips...

Cool... Can you post some pics?
    2007 Silverado, 3500HD, 4X4, CC, Long Bed, SRW, LMM Diesel, Navi, DVD, Roll-N-Lock Cover, ICI Running Boards, CoastalEtech GM Lockpick for DVD/Nav changes in Motion, Back-up Camera...

2006.5 VW Jetta Special Edition TDI - Blue Graphite - European Spec VW Fact. Nav Radio.

I just read an article on the design of the factory exhaust. I wondered why the stock exhaust had the big flare at the end. The article said that EGTs at the tailpipe are 800+ degrees during the regen cycle, so GM added the flare to help cool the gasses. Does your new system have that same type of flare on the end of it?
    1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer...new 6.5 in process...diamond block, 18:1's, other goodies...

Both pipes are fluted - almost like gills all the way around right before the tip. So it appears to be taking in cool air much the same way the factory exhaust did
    2007 LMM CC 3/4 ton - GM chrome running boards - PPE tuner - ARE LSII bed cap - Revos - MBRP Cool Duels