Thread: Stainless steel braided brakelines

Default Stainless steel braided brakelines

I bought new brakelines for my 99 2500 suburban, from the tirerack. When I got them in, I tried to put the rear one on first, and it didn't fit. Checked the part number, and compared that to the number on the goodridge website, wasn't for my suburban. Returned to tirerack, and they didn't have the right one in stock. So i went looking at Russell performance brakelines, there kit said, it well fit 92-99 k1500/k2500 trucks and suburbans. Order a set, got them in. Went to install them on the front first this time, and they are to short. They measure about 19.5 inches. I went onto napaonline and the k1500 front brakeline measures at 19.5 inches. The k2500 measures at 25.5 inches. So tomorrow I'm going to see if I can return these brakelines. Has anyone installed stainless steel brakelines on a K2500 truck or suburban?? If so what was the manufacturer and there part number??

Thanks
    Bryan
    1999 Chevy Suburban 2500 4x4 H2 Wheels and tires
    1984 Chevy Blazer 6.2l with timing gear set

Default Make Em

Using AreoQuip, Russel or any other good source for brake line components you can make your own SS braided lines.

I perfer AreoQuip myself.............
    99 GMC SUB, 2500, 4x4, 6.5 TD (F) #H32 enhanced blk, Phaser timing set, B&D IC, 3" ATS exh, K&N w/prefilter, 4WD NVG 246, 4L80E kevlar Transgo off road/tow mods/B&M supercooler, 14 FF MagTec w/locker 3.42:1, 9.25" IFS frt/diff 3.42:1 w/ARB locker, AutoMeter Boost & pre-turbo pyro meter, 12,000 lb hydro winch, Warn classic bumper w/brushguard & diesel scoop, Max E-torq Stage 3, hi pop inj, oil bypass sys, on board air comp for front ARB locker & tire inflation, DynaView driving/auto-cornering lts, DZ nerfs, A/T 285/75/16 SilentArmor 3750 lb rated on 3750 lb rated Alcoa, 3 IP drivers 2 r spares.