Thread: 4 or 5 inch exhaust system?

Default 4 or 5 inch exhaust system?

Hi Guys,
    I put the Bully dog programmer on my 03 d/a. I think Im going to send it back. When I was towing the truck lost power, I had no engine light so I threw it in neutral shut it off and restarted it. Power was back but the engine had a missfire to it. I let it sit for the weekend and took the bullydog box off and pulled home with no problem. I want to put an exhaust system and a cold air kit on. I was going through the summit book and they offer a 4 and 5 inch exhaust system. What would be better. I have to watch the sound level due to my son having hearing aids so im going to need a quite system. What cold air kit would be ok to run? I pull about 10K and would really like more power up the hills.
    Thank You,
    Mike
    2007 CHEVY D/A. 4 DOOR AND 6 FOOT BED

stick with a 4" system from the turbo back. I have a 4" 409 stainless steel MBRP on my truck , fits very good and would buy there kit again . Without a cat its not going to be loud in the cab but outside on the sidewalk they make some noise if your just standing there. Nothing to harsh but just as a heads up every system with a 4" or 5" strait threw muffler is going to bark some.... None of the aftermarket systems are as quiet as stock. Cold air kit , save your money! not much power to be had and a drop in filter into the OEM airbox with a few new holes added to your OEM air box will make with in a few HP of a 300 dollar kit
    93 c-2500 6.5td,96 6.5td x cab,01 GMC lb7 Xcab ,2004 lly crew cab ,2006 lbz crew cab,honda CBR1100xx,2003 polaris prox 700 , 2001 31' holiday rambler 10K lbs house on wheels!

thank you Mark. I may just stick to an oem system.
    Miike
    2007 CHEVY D/A. 4 DOOR AND 6 FOOT BED