Thread: Edge Juice W/attitude Version

Default Edge Juice W/attitude Version

Just got my new Edge juice w/attitude today and installed it in my 2002 LB7. Holy cow what a difference! I love it so far but its only been one day. My question is that when i turn it on it says version 1.3 and i have been reading posts about version 4.5 or something and was just wondering if they sent me an outdated version. If so, what are the downfalls of this since the unit seems to work excellent?

Thanks,

YB

Unhappy

Please be careful with the juice. I am in the middle of replacing an engine on a C-4500 with an LLY that had the JUICE on it. The truck is only 44,000 miles young.................
    1998 Chevy k-2500 454 147,000 miles and climbing!

1993 Pontiac G/A Big Block 3.3 Liter 140,000 miles and still going too!

I would really like to know what happened. What level were you running it at and how did you drive? That is horrible and I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Maybe your story can save my engine...

Thx

Scratch that i meant version 1.9
    2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 79,000 miles, Edge Juice W/Attitude, Lead Foot

NutNbutGMC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by yukonbuck
    I would really like to know what happened. What level were you running it at and how did you drive? That is horrible and I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Maybe your story can save my engine...

Thx
    Duramaster is a frontline warrior. He wrenches on these things daily. I always like to hear his feedback. I feel certain that he is speaking of a truck under his wrench belonging to someone else.

One thing to also consider is the tranny. It can only take so much of a turn.

Talking

Yeah............... you are right NUT. I can't afford a DMAX at this time, but I work on them daily!! The truck I am speaking of is a 2005 LLY C-4500. The previous owner had the JUICE on it and came in one time complaining of excessive smoke and that the engine oil dipstick would pop out at times. well when I got in the truck I noticed that the JUICE was set at 5 (EXTREME)!!! So, I checked for excessive crankcase pressure.......... none, maybe a half inch. Checked oil level. Checked fuel/ air filters and then drove it. MAN IT SMOKED AT WOT!! But It had power!!! The truck is a crew cab 4x4 with big oversized tires and wheels. I gave him a copy the the "How to identify overpower equipment use on the DMAX". The funny thing is he actually removed the JUICE after I gave him that document.

Now as far as the current owner goes, He now has this EX JUICE truck and he brought it in fo a blown head gasket. After tearing it down, it actually needs an engine! The engine overheated enough to warp the left head and the block. I only pulled the left head because coolant was only spraying out the number 6/8 glowplug holes. The crosshatch in the cylinders is still present, the piston crowns are still good and there doesn't appear to be any wrist pin play.

I'm sure that alot of this could have been prevented if the other guy knew how to drive a diesel with the H/P garbage installed? I'm not sure. I can tell you that DMAX engine failure is very rare under normal circumstances. I had many conversations with GM PQC and GM TAC on this one.

Good luck with that JUICE!
    1998 Chevy k-2500 454 147,000 miles and climbing!

1993 Pontiac G/A Big Block 3.3 Liter 140,000 miles and still going too!

Sounds like he didnt pay attention to his EGT. I personally run in level 3 at most and have the EGT alarm set for 1250 which is relatively safe. I don't power brake or do 4 wheel launches or race people. I really get enjoyment out of hitting the throttle when doing about 60 and watching the puff of smoke come out and pulling my camper much better than before. Simple thrills for simple minds I guess. Thanks for the info though as I will be taking it even easier on my baby now. Still would like someones input on the version 1.9 though.

YB
    2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 79,000 miles, Edge Juice W/Attitude, Lead Foot

Talking

I just turned my A2, Juice and Attitude in for software upgradeing today. I was in the Ogden area for some business so decided it would be a good time to get them updated to the latest versions. I had an RMA number for the work sent to me and was going to have it done in August as I was going to be in the area then. I hope to have them back in a day or two or at least before I have to return to southern Utah. Edge has been very good about keeping me happy.
    I hope the bugs are worked out by now.
    Denny
    2018 GMC Denali HD 2500 L5P.

Quote Originally Posted by Duramaster View Post
    Yeah............... you are right NUT. I can't afford a DMAX at this time, but I work on them daily!! The truck I am speaking of is a 2005 LLY C-4500. The previous owner had the JUICE on it and came in one time complaining of excessive smoke and that the engine oil dipstick would pop out at times. well when I got in the truck I noticed that the JUICE was set at 5 (EXTREME)!!! So, I checked for excessive crankcase pressure.......... none, maybe a half inch. Checked oil level. Checked fuel/ air filters and then drove it. MAN IT SMOKED AT WOT!! But It had power!!! The truck is a crew cab 4x4 with big oversized tires and wheels. I gave him a copy the the "How to identify overpower equipment use on the DMAX". The funny thing is he actually removed the JUICE after I gave him that document.

Now as far as the current owner goes, He now has this EX JUICE truck and he brought it in fo a blown head gasket. After tearing it down, it actually needs an engine! The engine overheated enough to warp the left head and the block. I only pulled the left head because coolant was only spraying out the number 6/8 glowplug holes. The crosshatch in the cylinders is still present, the piston crowns are still good and there doesn't appear to be any wrist pin play.

I'm sure that alot of this could have been prevented if the other guy knew how to drive a diesel with the H/P garbage installed? I'm not sure. I can tell you that DMAX engine failure is very rare under normal circumstances. I had many conversations with GM PQC and GM TAC on this one.

Good luck with that JUICE!
    Could you tell us more about how GM can sniff out power adders, I have a 2003 lb7 with standard juice and no attitude monitor, normaly run level 2 daily and also while towing, level 4 occasionaly for a few minutes when I am feeling agressive while unloaded and not trailering, otherwise truck is stock except for 265s, including air filter and exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Duramaster View Post
    Please be careful with the juice. I am in the middle of replacing an engine on a C-4500 with an LLY that had the JUICE on it. The truck is only 44,000 miles young.................
    Duramaster, I'd love to know what the final ticket is on that job. It's gotta be super expensive.

I never crank my juice beyond 3 and generally tow on 2. The unit came with a warning about using 4 and 5 levels and it scared me enough to warn me off those levels.

For the benefit of our friend asking about version numbers: I just checked mine. It is version 1.90. I bought it about three months ago.
    Owner, Phil's Auto Clinic, Hemet, CA, 1997 Napa/ASE tech of the year

2001 D/A Crew cab long bed, Edge Juice w/Attitude Monitor, Banks Exhaust, S&B intake, BD exhaust manifold, 152k miles, 2nd set of injectors 06/25/07

2000 Powerstroke Ford Club cab short bed, Edge Juice w/Attitude Monitor, 5" exhaust, S&B intake