Thread: High sierra 6.2 oil leak

Default High sierra 6.2 oil leak

I'm about to buy 1984 GMC high sierra 6.2; Seller states that motor was rebuilt a some time ago, and there is oil leak, about a quart every two tanks of fuel( he believes that from lower seal), not while sitting, besides that Truck is in good shape, in and out, powerful...Am new to diesels, what think abt it?

What Lower seal ( Rear Main, Front Main, Pan,upper or lower timing chain cover, Etc) They can be fixed with some work.

Default Sierra

I'll look that on Saturday, seller sent me email about it, Can you think that 1 quart/2 tanks is big problem?

thanks

Angry 1984 high sierra 6.2 L

drove the truck back home 2000 miles(Washington state-Illinois), transmission went out , water pump is leaking, but still working, engine oil leaking from front seals??,Trip back home was full of adventures, generally motor and body are in very good shape, auto transmission went out 600 miles from home and was professionally rebuilt by ATRA guys in S Dakota. Looks like many years service ahead of truck

the leak on the front could be as simple as the front of the oil pan gasket or the front cover gasket on the engine.
    1985 M1008
    (k30 for the civi' minded people)
    my photo album
    6.2L (banks turbo installed)
    6" suspension lift
    38.5" ground hawg radials on H1 double-beadlocks
    cross-over steering
    rear disc brakes

Cool title

I didn't notice but title of former owner states that GMC is powered by gasoline however isn't true - It's always been diesel truck (VIN # describes the truck as diesel one). There will be any problem with that?