Thread: 6.5 And Cummins Opinions What To Do???

Question 6.5 And Cummins Opinions What To Do???

First thanks for all the time you guys gave me on the phone and pms and here on the forum. This is a hard battle for me to decide like I told ya's. I am just looking for more imput from my othr fellow 6.5ers

Now with that said I am battling what to do with my burban. I am battling between my mind on going with a cummins but not 100% sure. I know there is fab work and parts I have to buy. I just want to make sure in the end my motor will not be at its end limit once I am done. I like the 6.5 but I can't see how I can achieve over 300 at the wheels without grenading the engine. I do know that pennisular makes 400 but price is ( not going to talk about it). Anyhow with a cummins I can start with 250 at the wheels and easily move up from there with bolt ons. I just tired of thinking what to do. I also never really driven in a cummins or know how they would sound inside. I do not want a racer but some performance and longevity it what I am after no matter what I do.

I am just open to ideas why go with the 18:1 or the cummins
    Forget the fab as I already know mostly what needs to be done there.

thanks for any honest opinion guys
    Joe
    95 suburban 2500 4x4
    6bt
    47 re
    under construction

6.5 parts for sale
    http://home.dejazzd.com/jkauto/6.5%20PARTS%20PAGE.htm

MY SUBURBAN INFO HERE

The first thing I'd recommend is finding a Dodge pickup with its drivetrain set up like what you're considering. Take it for a drive. The experience could be a lot different than the 6.5 - and I'm not talking just power. The older Cummins are really simple to get running, but are more noisy and have a much narrower power band. The newer engines are better from a driveability standpoint, and the common-rail engines are quiet.

The 1998 and newer engines are EFI.

Jim