Okay so I just had to put this on here. And I know I might get flamed for abusing trucks like this but to bad. It was too much fun.

My buddy and I just had a pulloff not to long ago. Actual bumper roped to bumper.

The two trucks.

Mine: 1993 GMC HD2500 4X4 with 4.10's and a NV4500. Five inch exhaust and Military 36x12.5" Wranglers.

His: 1982 GMC Heavy 2500 4X4 with 3.73's and SM465. Dual 2.5 exhaust and 33" BFG All terrains. Also a pile of junk in his box for weight. (700-800 lbs)

Now he has been commenting for a while that the newer trucks were being built lighter duty, so I finally said enough was enough and accepted the offer. We had the pulloff in a field.

Out came the 18,000 lb tow rope and it was attached to our bumpers.

The first pull went my way. I put it in four lo and ran through four gears. Gave me some trouble but his motor died after he hit a 6,000 RPM shift.

So we hooked back up again and went at it. This time I left it in four lo/lo and dropped the clutch and didn't touch the peddle.

The truck just started to crawl forward. I look behind me and he is sending white and black smoke out his exhaust pipes like a semi under load and going from side to side. I tapped the throttle and suddenly shot forward.

His truck didn't do to well. His bumper was twisted and pulled out, front driver hub exploded, and his rad was leaking everywhere. My damage? On of my marker lights in mu bumper had a wire pulled off when I ran over a big weed.

I love my diesel. I did decline the offer to pull against his 82' 6.2 Dually crewcab on the road however. Maybe after my dually conversion if I want to really wreck the truck, not!