Thread: Any One Removed Just The Cat On Lbz?

Question Any One Removed Just The Cat On Lbz?

Has any one removed just the cat on an LBZ? Wondering if you saw any gains in power mpg or lower EGT's and was it any louder or have any drone at hwy speeds.? Thanks.

with a stock system it will still be quiet , the 2001~2003 trucks didnt have cats. you can hear a pin drop in the cab with it running in a tunnel. I would expect a slight mileage increase with removing the cat. It will set a check engine light for EGR codes with out a cat .
    93 c-2500 6.5td,96 6.5td x cab,01 GMC lb7 Xcab ,2004 lly crew cab ,2006 lbz crew cab,honda CBR1100xx,2003 polaris prox 700 , 2001 31' holiday rambler 10K lbs house on wheels!

This probably won`t count,but could and should.
    I removed the cat on my 03 F250 6.0 and loved the sound,sweet,not to harsh,but noticeable,to bad the 6.0 was a failure "SOLD it".
    Unless there is something connected to the cat,some kind of sensor,there should be no codes,your not doing anything with the EGR removing the cat.
    Mileage increase with mine 0,but the egt`s cooled down faster and ran cooler egt`s.
    2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 BLACK SRW C.C. 4X4 LMM/Allison,long bed,Loaded,Westach EGT/Boost pass side, Edge Insight CTS EGT driverside, DIY stock airbox mod, aFe proguard 7 OEM airfilter. Back-up sensors + Back-up camera tied into the navagation screen, Redi Lift leveling kit, Cognito UCA's, Pitman Idler arm support, AMP Power steps, Firestone Air bags with controller in cab.

I have and really noticed little exept the turbo being a little easier to hear.

Running SS MBRP exhaust and tow tune.
    2006 GMC D/A C/C S/B, Snug Top Shell, Bed-slider
    33 inch Toyos, 17/8 Pro Comp Wheels, 4 in SS MBRP Exhaust-Turbo back, Evolution Tune, Mag-Hytec on Rear and Trans, Tranco Jr Shift Kit.

Thanks, Are you running egt gauges, and if so did it reduce the temp any when you are pulling?