Thread: Gear problems

Default Gear problems

Hello.

I installed the bully dog shift kit on my trany. And now the car want go in gear. What have I done wronge? should I fill the "box" whit oil before I reinstalled it?

Hope someone can help me.

Utsi
    *Silverado 6.5 98; crom bumper, side step w/ markers, bedliner, ganster cap w/ markes,

* Duramax 6.6 03; crom bumper, Sidestep,ganster cap, rollerbar, bedliner. 5" exhaus, programer.

sounds like solinoids are not pluged in or something put in wrong ????? is the dash indicator flashing?
    93 c-2500 6.5td,96 6.5td x cab,01 GMC lb7 Xcab ,2004 lly crew cab ,2006 lbz crew cab,honda CBR1100xx,2003 polaris prox 700 , 2001 31' holiday rambler 10K lbs house on wheels!

There are no ligths flashing.
    I think a should bee correct installed. But I didnt fill the box whit oil before reinstalling. It could be one of the contact.....
    *Silverado 6.5 98; crom bumper, side step w/ markers, bedliner, ganster cap w/ markes,

* Duramax 6.6 03; crom bumper, Sidestep,ganster cap, rollerbar, bedliner. 5" exhaus, programer.

how can I install the solinoids wrong?

Arrow

If it is low on fluid, it will not shift correctly, and may not go into gear at all. Fill the level to "full cold". Warm it up and check for proper level before trying to drive it. Serious damage can occur if you try to drive it too low on fluid.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

The fluid level is ok. So thats not the problem. I have checked that.

Arrow

Which box are you talking about? Not the NSBU, I hope.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A

The box you gets to when you have taken the oilfilter away.
    is the box whit the solinoinds on.

Utsi

Arrow

Transmission pan?
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A

It could bee. I dont know the name of it. Is in that box I installed the shift kit. (2Springs and 2pins)

Utsi

Arrow

Sounds like you may be talking about the transmission pan (or sump). If that's the case, the dipstick will show how much fluid is in it. If you aren't seeing a Service Engine Soon light or the gear display flashing, the electronics should be good. I suspect you are too low on fluid. If you removed the pan, you would have had to remove a lot of fluid. It must be up to the correct level.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A

I have added the same quanty of fluid, as I got out.
    The gear indicator in the display flash. So there is an electronic error?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by utsi View Post
    I have added the same quanty of fluid, as I got out.
    The gear indicator in the display flash. So there is an electronic error?

Yes. Your problem is electric or electronic. Check all the connections. The NSBU is likely suspect. It is the box the shift cable goes into on the side of the tranny, and it has an electrical connector.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A

Will do that to morro. Live in Norway, so its bed time here now. Thanks for great help. Will check my conctions to morro. Hope it will help.

Utsi

Hadd my "box" down to day. The problem was that one of the new valves was a littlebit to big. After some polishing it runs great. So now my baby are helty again!

Utsi