Thread: ECM swap

Default ECM swap

I'm looking at getting a Kennedy ECM tune

Is this a swap I can do myself? or do I need to take the truck into the shop for it?

Also I'm a little confused, do I have to buy the extra ECM and then return it for a refund, or do I just send them my old ECM when you get a tune?

Q's for Jack
    With the dual mode, can I get the two tunes I want or is it just what you send?
    I.E. I'd like a economy tune, and a low level sport tune that will stay under the OEM trany HP limit with my other mods (Intake and soon a new exhaust)

Is this possible, or do we just get your 50HP tow and 100HP perf tow tunes?
    ______________________ Toys_____________________

1.) 86' Honda TRX 250R more mods than stock at this point

2.) 03 GMC 2500HD Dmax stock for now

3.) 20 UH-60L Blackhawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak_Stick View Post
    I'm looking at getting a Kennedy ECM tune

Is this a swap I can do myself? or do I need to take the truck into the shop for it?

Also I'm a little confused, do I have to buy the extra ECM and then return it for a refund, or do I just send them my old ECM when you get a tune?

Q's for Jack
    With the dual mode, can I get the two tunes I want or is it just what you send?
    I.E. I'd like a economy tune, and a low level sport tune that will stay under the OEM trany HP limit with my other mods (Intake and soon a new exhaust)

Is this possible, or do we just get your 50HP tow and 100HP perf tow tunes?
    MP has the link to the install/review. Pretty straight forward.

You can purchase a core ECM from me, deposit and return your stocker, or provide your own.

My 50HP tune is the economy/tow tune. The 100HP tune should be under the trans limit as it has done well for many. Many have a hard time telling the difference between the two unless they really hammer on it so in my opinion, hitting something in between is not really necessary. You'd have a hard time telling the difference. I can do it, but prefer to stick to the tried and true. These tunes have taken a long time to develop and refine. While I could make changes off the cuff and they'd probably work well, I prefer to stick with what is proven.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

I run JK tune in my LBZ truck , its much nicer to drive then any of the edge products. I have had non diesel truck owners drive it also , they still are shakeing there head saying I cant believe its a oil burner....... Sure does run hard ! I would stick with one power level , the allison adaptive learning doesnt do a great job with a stock trans and trying to hold extra power at the snap of your fingers. If you set it to the 100 hp tune and just leave it there your clutches will last longer then swaping back and forth. I have the 70 hp tow / performance tune and cant say anything bad about it , towing is unreal ...... 9000+lbs of 31' holiday rambler in the hills almost never down shifts out of 6 th gear ! combine weight of over 18,000 lbs!
    93 c-2500 6.5td,96 6.5td x cab,01 GMC lb7 Xcab ,2004 lly crew cab ,2006 lbz crew cab,honda CBR1100xx,2003 polaris prox 700 , 2001 31' holiday rambler 10K lbs house on wheels!