Thread: New to the 6.5L world!!!

Default New to the 6.5L world!!!

Here is my new (new to me anyways) it is a '95 6.5TD 5-speed completely stock, down to the original exhaust (which began to fall off today). I plan on doing some upgrades that I read about on here. I think first 2 things I am going to do is intake and exhaust and then do gauges and then the cooling upgrade. Then we will see where we go from there...(PMD relocator, chip, etc). It has 128,000 original miles, I am technically the 3rd owner but the 2nd owner only had it for a year or 2 and sold it back to the original owner who I bought it from. On the drivers side where the mirror meets the door there are 2 spots of rust that I plan on getting fixed hence the lack of pictures of that side. I'm only 21 and a college student so this is my daily driver as well as weekend tow vehicle. We tow a 10,000 lb 2 car race car trailer to and from our local track and tracks that aren't so local.

1995 Chevy Ext-cab dually
    6.5TD completely Stock 5-speed
    1986 Chevy Crew Cab dually
    6.2L Diesel
    1970 Chevy Nova
    11.17@121

Welcome I just joined here a few days ago looking for some mechanical advice. This forum is full of information. That is a nice looking truck you have.

Welcome to both of you. You will find that this site is a great resource regarding the GM diesels.
    1998 K1500 Silverado Ext Cab SB 6.5TD L56 4L80E 342 locking rear - 60k miles
    Modifications: Ported and ceramic coated exhaust manifolds, worked GM-8 turbo, L65 upper and lower intake, marine injectors, boost, EGT, and Trans Temp gauges, SSDiesel air intake, Hearthrob/SSDiesel stainless 3in down pipe, 4in exhaust, and 2.25 crossover.
    Planned: Remapped ECU, intercooler, turbomaster, fluidamper, fan/clutch upgrade, upgraded oil cooler and lines, and lift.

Welcome to TDP

Nice looookin DaHooooley

Many outfits make a package exhaust system that are great.
    My 95 crewcab has a Banks Stinger system on it along with a Turbo master and a chip in the ECM.

Good luck with the new ride and again welcome to TDP.
    If ya need any help on an issue just pop in and post a question.

Best

Robyn
    Last edited by Robyn; 09-19-2007 at 07:54. Reason: spelling
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Default Cab Sleeper question

How do you like the cab sleeper and who makes it.

Thanks