Hello all, I was looking for some help on this issue. I own an 1982 GMC suburban and a 1985 Chevy van and both have the 6.2 motors. I always do all the repair work on these myself until the IP on the Chevy van went out.

I sent it to a locale service guy that was supposed to be very knowledgeable on 6.2's to have it repaired. After I got it back it had no power and smoked blue like crazy when under load. So I sent it back to him and he made some adjustments that made it a little better but not much.

Some info on the van before the IP went south. This thing had crazy power with the old one. It is a short van so it's very light and had "neck snapping" power like a gasoline motor. I could burn the tires with it, everybody who seen it it was like "wow I never seen a 6.2 with so much power". My passing gear was great, I used to fly by people on the highway.

Now however it runs like my slug 3/4 ton suburban, losses power on hills, can't pass on highway anymore, it just a dog now.

First thing I noticed was the pump was retarded to much, so I advanced it. That got ride of a lot of the blue smoke (was like a crazy bug fogger). It still however smokes bad under load and anybody that drives behind me almost passes out from the smell of unburned fuel. Does it still need advanced more?

Not really sure were to go with this now, any help would be great.

Thanks