Hello all, new guy here. In the last few months I've looked at all the powerplants that could be shoehorned onder the hood. I should say, other than Dmax, 6BT, 6.5 and the ol 6.2. Any one of these will do the work and play I do. But, it would be way cool to pull up to another diesel guy, have him think...that sounds wierd. Then he asks, watcha got in there? You reply, a CAT........ very cool.

The Cat 3054T is plentiful and will fit under the hood. It's rated for up to 122HP with 4.0L. The 4045 JD is a little taller, 115 HP and 4.5L. On both, some turbos came side mounted and some top mounted. The side mount is whats needed for clearance.

Now, here's my thinkin. The Cummins 4BT is around the same size and displacement. They have been proven to make 300-400HP, get 25mpg and "I'm told" used as a daily driver. Why not hotrod a Cat or Deere? I'm confident you could get 300HP out of either of these. But for how long. All I'm looking for is 250-275HP for my daily ride. Would it hold 275HP reliably?

Has anyone ever played with one of these? How does the crank and rods compare to the 4BT? Head studs too? I'd love to have them side by side for size/beefyness comparison.

Any thoughts or input?