Thread: tranny

Default tranny

Getting a new LB put in. Is it easy for my mechanic to check out the tranny while it is on the lift?
    Thanks
    A
    1999(F) K1500 Suburban LT
    215K Miles, Remote PMD.3.42
    New Rhino LB, IP ,Injectors, and Glow Plugs.
    Turbo Master Boost Controller.3" DP

I can't answer the question, but I'll add a suggestion:

Replace the front pump seal (torque converter) as long the engine's out. It's a $5 seal - and from what I've learned here, it's where most tranny leaks occur.

Other things I did while my engine was out:
    -- New motor mounts
    -- Front steering stabilizer
    -- All new (and bigger) battery cables/ground straps
    -- Added an extra ground strap
    -- Cleaned the radiator, etc. real good
    -- Replaced the stock oil cooler lines with a SS braided kit

Some of these things can, of course, be done while the engine is in...but it's alot easier when you can STAND in the engine bay.
    1998 K2500 Suburban 6.5L TD 3.73 rear, Ron Schoolcraft 18:1, Kennedy ECM & IC, Timing gears, Splayed main caps, 3.5" Kennedy Exhuast/No Cat, K&N Filter, Boost/Tranny Temp/EGT(Pre Turbo), Ceramic-coated Manifolds, 195 Stat's, 265/75's (VSSB Adjusted) 7,000lbs (on a scale) Remote Mount Oil Filter, Remote Oil Pressure Sensor

Default good suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Mechanic already said the motor mounts were almost non existent. Cooler lines are new. Did you notice a significant difference after replacing the front steering stabilizer? I will have him replace the front pump seal.
    A
    1999(F) K1500 Suburban LT
    215K Miles, Remote PMD.3.42
    New Rhino LB, IP ,Injectors, and Glow Plugs.
    Turbo Master Boost Controller.3" DP

I've only got 96,000 miles on my truck and I don't have the engine back in to say (in regards to the stabilizer). But, IIRC, it's only about a $40 part from NAPA, so I figured I might as well do it.

ps: don't count on those stock oil cooler lines to last more than a few years...at least until they start leaking, anyways.
    1998 K2500 Suburban 6.5L TD 3.73 rear, Ron Schoolcraft 18:1, Kennedy ECM & IC, Timing gears, Splayed main caps, 3.5" Kennedy Exhuast/No Cat, K&N Filter, Boost/Tranny Temp/EGT(Pre Turbo), Ceramic-coated Manifolds, 195 Stat's, 265/75's (VSSB Adjusted) 7,000lbs (on a scale) Remote Mount Oil Filter, Remote Oil Pressure Sensor