Thread: oil cooler ?'s

Smile oil cooler ?'s

I have a new 6.2 with a 6.5 top end on it am in the process of dressing it up before install. Should be a peppy little motor, once I get it running. My question is on the oil cooler. The 6.2 block has 1/2 NPT threads for the cooler fittings on the block, where as the 6.5 had 3/8 fittings. I bought a handful (like I needed more) of fittings. Problem is, when I screw the adapter in the block (1/2 to -8) then the 90* -8 cooler line, it is dangerously close to the exhaust. I can't use the old 6.5 stuff, it wont fit. What are you guys using on your 6.2 to 6.5 conversions???? Have a ton of lines and fittings already and would like to use them, if possible...

Also, what size are the oil cooler fittings on a '94. It is not 1/2" NPT or 3/8... I'm trying to make it work.

This thing must be trying to tell me something, too bad I cant understand it~!!!!

Thanks for the help!!
    1994 Dana 70 HD 4.11 Dually Crew cab. Exhaust work, 249,996 miles on orginal motor. Zero miles on new one.... Gauge work and various custom mods. Bumper & manifold (spare) mounted FSD cooler. This thing must have been assembeled on a Wednesday!!

Good luck. I don't know off hand what size they are but when I switched engines in blazin I wound up takeing the hoses from both and having the two ends I needed joined in the middle. NAPA did mine but any shop that does hyd. hoses will do. Hope this helps.
    1982 K5 Blazer(Blazin) 4x4, 700r4, start of modified exhaust, 6 inch tall filter breather with 4" snorkel,egt gage, main bearing girdle as seen in gridle thread

1985 Suburban(Labrat) 4x4, 3' dual exhaust, egt gage, opened intake,700r4 with alto clutches, beast sun shell,13 vane pump,and more,others in progress hence the name.