Thread: LLY w/Juice Att running slow

Default LLY w/Juice Att running slow

I have a 05 LLY with cold air intake and juice w/attitude and sometime is seam to run really fast but other times it is slow. On setting 5, I was embarrased by my brothers 07 cummings w the predator set at 100hp. He can go up to 180hp. My gas mileage has dropped to 16 empty as well. Any thoughts?
    2005 2500 D/A Ext. Cab 4x4 SLE LLY- Edge Juice w/Attitude and Predator. KN Cold Air intake, 5" exhaust, Kennedy Boost Stick

Arrow

If all filters and components are healthy........

Try removing the Juice and let the PCM/TCM relearn the stock settings. Once it seems back to "normal", try again. Much of the logic in the system is adaptive, and will make adjustments to accommodate changes over time. After running high HP settings for a while, it can (not always) "detune" your Juice. Many times, it's the TCM adaptive learn that will cause a defuel condition, taking away your power. If you have your tranny slip protection set fairly conservative, it could be the tranny beginning to slip more, and the Juice will defuel. This is more likely the case if you have been running high power levels on an otherwise stock engine/tranny/converter. The only cure for this is a tranny/converter upgrade/overhaul, or abstinence. It's the price you pay for exceeding the limits. Also, stacking like power enhancers (like Predator and Juice) can cause conflicts within the logic. They do basically the same thing, just applied differently. Don't worry too much. If your brother is running high power levels on his Dodge under similar conditions, he'll be as slow as you (and slower) in no time.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Thanks for the advise, I need to change the fuel filter. The air filter is new. I am not stacking, just using the predator to correct the speedo.
    2005 2500 D/A Ext. Cab 4x4 SLE LLY- Edge Juice w/Attitude and Predator. KN Cold Air intake, 5" exhaust, Kennedy Boost Stick

Arrow

A fuel filter due for service can surely pull the plug on your fun. Start with that and see where it leads you.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Quote Originally Posted by 6.6Turbo View Post
    I have a 05 LLY with cold air intake and juice w/attitude and sometime is seam to run really fast but other times it is slow. On setting 5, I was embarrased by my brothers 07 cummings w the predator set at 100hp. He can go up to 180hp. My gas mileage has dropped to 16 empty as well. Any thoughts?
    Setting 5 is too much for the stock transmission. Also probably too much for the fuel system unless the filter is fresh OR lift pumps are added. The LLY Juice was never really all that aggressive, but it did have decent grunt for towing, especially with a little added boost.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

I am only seeing 23psi of boost, I thought I was getting closer to 30psi with my 02 LB7. The LB7 had a hot juice and would walk circles around the LLY.

Default john kennedy

john,

would your boost stick help the performance of my lly and/or milage?

Quote Originally Posted by 6.6Turbo View Post
    john,

would your boost stick help the performance of my lly and/or milage?
    the LLY motor ran about 5~8 less PSI of boost then my lb7 truck , i think it was about the same fueling map..... having said that and seeing black smoke out the pipe you can add some air to clean up the black smoke and gain power maybe better towing fuel economy .
    93 c-2500 6.5td,96 6.5td x cab,01 GMC lb7 Xcab ,2004 lly crew cab ,2006 lbz crew cab,honda CBR1100xx,2003 polaris prox 700 , 2001 31' holiday rambler 10K lbs house on wheels!