So I can't seem to make a new thread so I am posting in this one, the closest subject I can find.

After months of work I have finally replaced the engine in my 91 burb. An old 6.5 repower went out, an new 6.5 repower in. 6.5 block, all original 6.2 components. Now that I'm at the finish line, I can't get it to start. Followed TDP air-lock guidlines, no luck. Cranking power is weak near the end but I figure that's to be expected with the starter and batteries being used again and again. Still never caught even once, so I don't think that's the issue.

So I checked the voltage on a glow plug. I put the + on the glow plug wire and the - on the - battery terminal. Nothing (on "ON" cycle of engine when glow plugs normally light). Should that circut work that way? Is that indicative of no glow plug action? Can't really check the dash light as that is in pieces. Would no glow plugs lead to no start ever?

Also, I'm worried that if it is not lighting the glow plugs it may be that the controller is not properly grounded. The old studs on a water passage cover that it mounts to were replaced with new ones that are coated black. Not paint just that black color that some bolts come in. Could this color/coating be inhibiting my ground and thus the controller?

After months of hard work I just want to here that diesel roar to life and this final frustration is killing me!