Thread: New member - Silverado - High Mount Stop Light Not sealed

Question New member - Silverado - High Mount Stop Light Not sealed

I bought a new '07 Silverado Duramax a few months back, and a few days ago the whole electrical system shut down resulting in the truck needing to be towed to the dealer to troubleshoot and fix.
    According to the dealer, it was the result of the High Mount Stop Light located behind the cab not being sealed correctly at the factory, which allowed water in which shorted the receiver or module.
    The dealer replaced the parts, and was fully covered under warranty. I was just wondering if others have had any similar issues.
    This is my first Diesel, and love the truck. Plenty of power, quiet and comfortable.
    Roger

Welcome aboard!

Haven't heard that one before - its a little scary to think that a brake light system short could shut down the whole truck. Hope there was more to it than that, and they spared you the details.

Anyway, fill out your signature block with your truck info, and we look forward to hearing more from you.
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K