Thread: anyone running 13's WITH DPF?

Default anyone running 13's WITH DPF?

Just got an 07 crew cab 4X and my first goal is to be solidly in the 13's. I have a MBRP dpf back exhaust and Quadzilla Stealth on the way, but I'm guessing with the stock cat and DPF mid 14's at best with this combo. I'd much prefer to have the no-smoke and smell that the DPF gets you, plus keeping it legal in California.

I was wondering if anyone is running 13's on the new trucks with the DPF still in place. If not, will removing that but keeping the cat (or whatever it's called on diesels) get me over the hump?

Thanks for your time.

Jody

slow board...................

It takes a fair amount of power to get into the 13's with that weight truck , trans upgrades will almost sure be required ! I would highly rec contacting John Kennedy about his tunes , I think his tow/performance tune would run a very low 15 or high 14 and its very close to being smoke free on my LBZ truck. Real world running a filter and wanting to run 13's on just fuel isnt going to happen. Propane and or NO2 and 13's with a filter yes but you will still need some trans updates to handle 450+ hp needed to run that fast.
    93 c-2500 6.5td,96 6.5td x cab,01 GMC lb7 Xcab ,2004 lly crew cab ,2006 lbz crew cab,honda CBR1100xx,2003 polaris prox 700 , 2001 31' holiday rambler 10K lbs house on wheels!

Quote Originally Posted by mark45678 View Post
    It takes a fair amount of power to get into the 13's with that weight truck , trans upgrades will almost sure be required ! I would highly rec contacting John Kennedy about his tunes , I think his tow/performance tune would run a very low 15 or high 14 and its very close to being smoke free on my LBZ truck. Real world running a filter and wanting to run 13's on just fuel isnt going to happen. Propane and or NO2 and 13's with a filter yes but you will still need some trans updates to handle 450+ hp needed to run that fast.
    well, I think a stock LMM runs low 15's. I've since found out that PPE has a tune with a bone stock truck (DPF, DOC, ETC.) 4wd CC that ran 13.60's, so it can be done.

Jody