Thread: computer programmer- which one?

Default computer programmer- which one?

Hello all,
    I am realtively new to the site. I recently purchased a 2006 crew cab w/ LBZ motor. I am looking to install a programmer to increase my mpg. Any suggestions or your thoughts are greatly appreciated. I do not do alot of heavy towing (2 place snowmobile trlr in winter, 5000 lb boat in summer), but would like to increase my mileage. Would also like a programmer that lets you input tire size to correct speedometer as I have upgraded to 285's. The only other aftermarket part is an AFE cold air intake. let's here it!

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rinker View Post
    True! 100% do it right the first time, Call Kennedy!
    '03 Chev Duramax ext. cab, Kennedy ECM,After Market turbo,tranny, triple disk convertor, Exhaust Brake, electric tran. cooler, dual exhaust, Supertank 57 gallon.

I checked out the site, good stuff but I'm looking for input on brand specific tuners. Kennedy offers Diablo, Edge, and Superchips. What gives your best bang for the buck? (in my case, what gives the most mpg increase?). Also, no mention of Banks or Bullydog. I was hoping for more of a response about these products. More info please!!!!

Actually, I was suggeting JK's custom ECM tunes. He has a good track record of producing power making tunes that also yield better mileage. My 2002 with his tune gets over 13mpg average in constant towing duty, and doesn't soot the oil past brown between changes. Its a better tune than factory.

Read this forum for more reviews on the handhelds. Nobody is getting better mileage, that was your first requirement.
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

by what I have read/learned here, that is what I plan for my LBZ as soon as I have the extra $$$$
    http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/image.php
    07 GMC CC SB LBZ
    70 monte carlo, original 4 spd, bench seat
    71 monte carlo SS clone, street/strip
    97 grand am, beater

Default Kennedy Custom Tune

Recently installed JK Custom tune on 02 dually. Went with performance/economy tune. Gained gobs of power on the economy side with a 2MPG gain in city driving. Best money I ever spent on a vehicle. The performance side will amaze you!