Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uh oh. Biodiesel.

Default bio

Last summer I ran some bio about 3 tanks full. and my fuel filter got pluged up. I had it changed and ran ok. I went back to regular diesel and about 5 tanks and the fuel filter was fine. so in Denver are we getting dirty fuel and the bio cleaned up the system?
    In Denver Diesel is running about 3.95 and bio is about 4.49. why is bio so much more?
    I would like to try Bio again but not at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by radracing View Post
    Last summer I ran some bio about 3 tanks full. and my fuel filter got pluged up. I had it changed and ran ok. I went back to regular diesel and about 5 tanks and the fuel filter was fine. so in Denver are we getting dirty fuel and the bio cleaned up the system?
    In Denver Diesel is running about 3.95 and bio is about 4.49. why is bio so much more?
    I would like to try Bio again but not at that price.
    I just filled up with East Coast cheap stuff for $3.87. Mean price over the region(Stafford, Spottsy, Caroline) is about $3.91. The Shell has the B10 priced at $3.94, right in line with the "normal" diesel. Actually, I'm a bit surprised it's as cheap as the normal stuff, unless the normal stuff is actually B10 and nobody else advertises it as biodiesel. The Shell(US95 and Route 3) is the only place I've seen so far that plainly lists Biodiesel on their outside sign. If only the pumps were easier to get to.
    Speed costs money. How fast can you afford?