Thread: Batteries

Default Batteries

Yesterday with the tools out and me in a work on it mood , I decided to take a look at the batterries on DaHooooley. The truck has started OK always, BUTTTTTTT as of late with the colder weather its been geting a little slugish after sitting overnight or for a day or two.
    yesterday the starter got it rolling but it was nothing to write home to mother about.

The kid has been using the truck to haul the horsie trailer so, not wanting the late night, the batteries are dead Phone call I decided to just toss in a fresh set.
    Replaced both with new Exide Jello batteries.

Oh my what a difference that made. My suspicion is that one of the batteries was going south. They came with the truck and did not have a date stamp on then so how old was a guess at best.

Two new 800CCA jellos really whipped the little creature over this morning at 25F

The winter weather will sure take its toll on batteries.

Just a thought for anyone who has batteries that are a few years old and the temp is getting cold.

later

Robyn
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Question Which are the "jello" batteries?

Robyn, Exide's website isn't too clear, which Exide batteries are you referring to, please?

--
    Dave

The orbitaql has a few different models. I bought "Sarting Battery" ORB78DT-84

There are two, I got the higher CCA rated units.
    The optima battery used to be my first choice but they seem to have fallen a bit in quality.
    The local NAPA store carries these and the price was good too.

Best
    Robyn
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY