Thread: 6.5 motor mounts

Craig M Guest

Hope to install new 6.5 engine into the 95 Yukon next weekend. Any suggestions for "best" motor mounts? Napa mounts, GM, polyurethane or? Thanks for your suggestions.

BobND Guest

Unless you are a hard-core four wheeler, and like TORTURE, I don't think you'll like the urethane mounts.

At one time, the GM mounts were reputed to be beter than the aftermarket, I don't know if that's still true.

Diesel Dan Guest

Bought a set of cheap aftermarket mounts for a mud bogger, once. You get what you pay for. And I'll second the skip the poly mounts also. A friend installed them on a gasser with manual trans, mistake.

Craig M Guest

Did a search on motor mounts in this forum and found a couple of people that "liked" the poly mounts. That puts it at 2 for and 2 against poly. Any other comments from those that have been there?

arveetek Guest

I put the Energy Suspension mounts in my '81, and have the stock mounts in my '95. The '81 transmits vibrations like you wouldn't believe, the '95 feels smooth as silk....it's hard to believe it's a diesel, really. However, the stock mounts WILL sag after a period of time, causing metal to metal to contact eventually. The poly mounts will stay firm and last forever, but will transmit more vibrations. It just depends on what you want more: longer life, or smoother ride.

If I was to replace the mounts in my '95, I would probably go back with stock GM mounts.

Casey