Thread: First diesel, First Rig

Default First diesel, First Rig

Drove cars for a couple years and I always loved trucks way better so I picked up this 88 k5. It was a challenge to find one with a 6.2l that was moderately priced for my thin wallet but it runs and drives well and no rust except for a quarter size spot on the top of the tailgate.

nice, looks clean!

Thumbs up

Nice looking Blazer, and the engine compartment looks pretty much 100% stock - which is a big plus!

Jim

Thumbs up

Awesome! I love Blazers, especially the old body style.

Casey
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter

Thumbs up Had an 86

Had 86 GMC Jummy w/6.2 and I do miss it.
    99 GMC SUB, 2500, 4x4, 6.5 TD (F) #H32 enhanced blk, Phaser timing set, B&D IC, 3" ATS exh, K&N w/prefilter, 4WD NVG 246, 4L80E kevlar Transgo off road/tow mods/B&M supercooler, 14 FF MagTec w/locker 3.42:1, 9.25" IFS frt/diff 3.42:1 w/ARB locker, AutoMeter Boost & pre-turbo pyro meter, 12,000 lb hydro winch, Warn classic bumper w/brushguard & diesel scoop, Max E-torq Stage 3, hi pop inj, oil bypass sys, on board air comp for front ARB locker & tire inflation, DynaView driving/auto-cornering lts, DZ nerfs, A/T 285/75/16 SilentArmor 3750 lb rated on 3750 lb rated Alcoa, 3 IP drivers 2 r spares.

Yeah I love this truck a lot. It does need some tinkering but is perfectly driveable. Id like to get a 2 inch lift and throw some bigger tires on it but otherwise its going to stay stock

Arrow

Nice looking Blazer!

Before you do a lift, consider the larger tires, first. 33x12.5's will fit on it w/o a lift. Unless you need a LOT of ground clearance, this will get you just about anywhere. And, you'll maintain a lower center of gravity. Very important if you plan on any off road driving in the hills or dunes. Handling will be much better w/o a lift, too. The wheelbase is really short,so just about anything you do to the suspension will be exaggerated. Besides, a low-slung rig with big tires looks really cool.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Thanks for the suggestion. Ill definitely go that route since they'll fit without a lift. Less hassle and less cash is always good. I plan on making this my hunting/backroads truck. It wont see any truely hardcore wheeling but it will meet mud and rock for sure. Ive been going through it fixing all the essentials (windows, starter, tailgate, ect) before I start modding.

Definately a nice little truck.

These little Blazers (This Body style) are my weak spot.
    I love these. I would buy another Blazer diesel in a heartbeat.

I really like my 95 DaHooooley but its a Bloody boat. The Blazer is so nimble in traffic and off road and the mileage is wonderful for a full sized rig.

Great looking rig..
    Enjoy
    Robyn gives these 5
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Talking

Nice blazer and a diesel!! Ya got a couple things going for ya. Good to see a young guy interested in a diesel.
    You might check out my sig pic link. I will not hold your forum name against you but I do have a shirt-- See no EVO Hear no EVO Ride no EVO !! Truth be told I have never rode one.
    Good luck with the new truck.. And welcome to the site, It has save me a ton of money.
    97 3500 2WD, EX/CAB LB, 6.5 TD, Dually, 93k-2010
    77 Harley Super Glide Confederate Edition
    K&N Air Filter, Goodmark Cowl Induction Hood
    Kennedy FSD Cooler--Turbo Tech Intercooler W/Comp. Flash (WHAT EVER THEY DID? WORKS)
    3" Exhaust w/ Free flow muffler---REAR AUX. AIR BAGS
    http://community.webshots.com/user/jpfjf

Hahaha I like that saying. I actually got my sig name from my first dirtbike which was a 78 yamaha yz250 Evolution series. I love this rig. People always ask me if the diesel is a swap cause you just dont see them too often