Good morning/afternoon/evening fellow members. I need a gentle nudge in the right direction yet again.

I have searched TDP for swap information on my intake. So far I have acquired enough information to become very dangerous to my engine. I am planning on swapping the “C” intake from my truck (signature below) for a 1982 “J” dual plane intake acquired from a fellow TDP member. The intake is in transit and the 1981-93 Fel-Pro J code gasket is coming from Summit Racing. I will power wash the engine prior to disassembly and take off the 16 bolts holding down the intake per the DP Trouble shooting Guide, squirt and scrape the old gasket (after covering up any open holes), put on the new gasket, seat the “J” intake, and tighten down the 16 bolts in the order outlined in TDP R&R guide. The EGR will be attached to the old intake so it’s gone at that point. I read about EGR solenoids (plural) and was wondering where they were located and proper removal. In addition, the EPR valve located on the driver’s side exhaust needs to be open. How do I verify this? If I have to remove it, could I just block the area off?

My goal is to strip this fine machine down to its basic elements. Keep It Simple Stupid.

In addition, I put about 600lb of river rocks in the bed last night and the truck had more power than when I drive it empty. I believe I like this diesel thing. Fuel is now up to $3.49 while supreme gasoline was at $2.89

Haus.