Thread: weird transmission leak in ATS transmission

Default weird transmission leak in ATS transmission

I had my DMax taken to the shop for a transmission leak, techs said that it was the gasket between the transfer case and ATS Allison transmission. after installing the gasket, test drove it and it was still leaking from the same area but if you see closely ,,,it was leaking from the breather on top of the transmission. Why is it leaking from the breather?
    Thanks, Mark

Could it have been overfilled at some point in time??? Slippage can also cause increased heat and can make'em puke out the vent also. Do you have any way to monitor that?? What's your trans temp when it happens?? Will it do it under any one certain condition??

Default overfilling

The DMax is souped up with a Aurora 3000 and I know that the dipstick was modified because it would not go in the ATS Extreme when ATS tried to put it in because of the oversized downpipe so they put it in from the left side instead of the right side. They modified it and measured it( that is what they said), and it did not leak with the first transmission, had problems with it and they swapped it out with a second transmission in Houston and drove home. I ran it hard last week with a 04 Trans Am Ram Air and left him by four trucks and got home and when I did an oil change and that is when I saw the transmission leak. It may be an overfill,,,maybe a wrong measurementr on the dipstick? The funny thing is it did not leak with the first transmission,,,, waiting for Ford to call with results.
    Mark

I'd clean it up and drive it some more to see if it happens again. Let get get the rest of this straight,,, you have your Dmax w/ ATS in a Ford dealer and you got beat by an 04(?) WS6???? I'd talk to ATS, get it out of the Furd dealer, and tell ol boy they quit making the WS6 in 02.

Quote Originally Posted by madmatt View Post
    Let get get the rest of this straight,,, you have your Dmax w/ ATS in a Ford dealer and you got beat by an 04(?) WS6???? I'd talk to ATS, get it out of the Furd dealer, and tell ol boy they quit making the WS6 in 02.

I did not get your meaning on WS6?? You got it backwards, I said I left him which means I beat it by four trucks. I was not sure of the year but it was a Trans Am Ram Air with 350, cam, SuperChips and I took off in 4WD and it still could not even creep closer and he was sucking in my diesel smoke. The
    07 LBZ DMax is a crew cab. Also those Mustang GT's are slow too plus got even with a 01 Vette with 383 stroker. So far, it is running 13 flat and is a farm truck with toolbox loaded with tools. ATS, in Denver, put in an Aurora 3000, Water Boy, Bully Dog with Crazy Larry, ATS Extreme transmission with Triple Disc converter, ATS CP3 Twin Fuel pump, FASS lift pump and ATS intake. Also have an AFE 4 inch exhaust. It is putting out about 40-42 psi of boost. But I try not to run it hard much because I need some ATS head studs. Ford is doing the transmission leak service, not the mods.
    Mark

I was just busting your chops about the Trans Am. The ram air model is also dubbed a WS6, that's where that came from. Do you not have a GM dealer around to look at it???