Thread: Fuelmeister II would like some feedback about product

Default Fuelmeister II would like some feedback about product

With prices the way they are going there are a few of us wanting to jump into the bio diesel manufacturing. I would like some feedback into the fuelmeister II set up, the good , bad , and ugly.

I would like to know from some people doing it on a regular basis and not some guy push'in his product.

Specifically;
    1. The amount of true hands on time required to start and finish a batch.

2. True gallons per day possibilities.

3. True cost of the day to day ingredients, such a lye, methanol ect.

4. Any thing else I might need to know.

Thanks as usual for any help.

I would like to know as well. looking to run nothing but bio in my 6.2 this summer.
    Main rig-1978 chevy 3/4 f/t 4x4 8" lift 38 14.5 16 toyo m/t's. BUILT 350(soon to be 6.2) quad batteries. front and rear 15k winches. lockers F/R. dana60 front full float corp 14 rear. th400/np203.

donor rig. 1988 GMC K3500 140k miles, th400. IFS(read CRAP) semi float 14 rear. drove it 142 miles home at 17mpg and 1/4 quart of delo 400.

Jferg and Murphy:

If you get it, make sure you get it cheap. I believe the parent company filed for chapter 11 and for good reason. They made a dangerous product and had a big support problem.

Would suggest you log on to

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc

Search for Fuelmeister and expect to get an ear full. Have no direct experience with them but attended a bio-diesel workshop with one of their (cough, cough) engineers(???). Certainly was not one of the shiniest tools in the box.

You will also see there reference to another product called the Bio-Pro. Seems to be very well made and fully automatic except for draining. Their Bio-Pro 150 (40 gal) sells for very little more then the Fuelmiester and is ten times the machine.

Hope this helps

Bill
    91 Buick Roadmaster/Avant 6.2 NA conversion (gone but not forgotten)
    94 Cadillac Fleetwood (sold)
    08 Aerolight 23TT
    06 Vortec Max Silverado CC SB (sold)
    10 Avalanche (electronic quagmire but love the truck)

Bill
    This is exactly what I was looking for!. Thank you very much for the information and will check out the sources you provided.

I just say a bit about the fuel meister ll on a show called "invention nation" seemed ok but it was a short spot.
    Main rig-1978 chevy 3/4 f/t 4x4 8" lift 38 14.5 16 toyo m/t's. BUILT 350(soon to be 6.2) quad batteries. front and rear 15k winches. lockers F/R. dana60 front full float corp 14 rear. th400/np203.

donor rig. 1988 GMC K3500 140k miles, th400. IFS(read CRAP) semi float 14 rear. drove it 142 miles home at 17mpg and 1/4 quart of delo 400.

Wink

Havent been here in a while but need to jump in. I have a fuelmiester 1 or two tank unit, have been brewing for 3 years with no incidents. Have replaced two hoses but thats it.
    I don't brew in the winter months to cold and i don't heat the garage cause of the risk of fumes & it going boom.....
    98 Burb K-2500 6.5TD Kennedy boost controller,FSD Cooler Kennedy Kandels(Night is like day!) Boost & Pyro Free Floin Kitty No Muff, Broke motor Sold Burb Bought PSD (yea i miss the burb) Hello From THE DARK SIDE