Thread: Problem Running

Default Problem Running

I just added an Edge Juice with Attitude to my 2001 Duramax and it ran fine for a couple of days, Then last night on my way to work It died on me while going down the Highway It clatterd like spark knock on a gas engine and then it died. I put it in neutral and it started right back up but it done it again in a couple of miles. any Ideas on whats wrong.

Jay

Default thanks for the help

I see that people can take the time to move my Thread to a different place but cant help me with a problem im having with my truck not running.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro_778 View Post
    I see that people can take the time to move my Thread to a different place but cant help me with a problem im having with my truck not running.
    Sorry. That was me. I didn't have time earlier to offer an informative solution, but I do now. Well, I did. I'll get around to it. Have some patients. Maybe someone else will help. In the meanwhile, remove the Edge box and try to repeat the problem. If it doesn't come back, well....there's your problem. Not too uncommon on the LB7's. Good luck with Edge....
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Default problem running

Sorry if I was alittle hasty earlier ive had a bad week and that toped it off. didnt mean to offend anyone on here i know yall are a great source of info.

FYI: I bought an Edge Juice W/Monitor last spring about this time. Was in Del Rio, TX at the time. We towed from Del Rio to Oregon, to Alaska, all over there, and back to Or., then to Del Rio again. Had problems with failure to up-shift into lock-up after toping hills, from time to time. Had to pull over and shut off and pull the codes and clear them in order to get propper shifting back. Had a complete shut-down like you described while towing into Brownsville last fall.
    Removed the Edge and went solo from that day till now. Drove home to Vt for X-Mas and back. Put on about 9K miles since without a hiccup. Finally pulled out the Edge last week and called them (Edge). Upshot is that my unit (June 06 mfg) was a version 1.2! The guy at Edge said their at level 10 point something now! I sent it back for replacement. To be sent to Vt for when I get back there.
    If your version is early like mine, you should call Edge. Hope you're within warantee on it. The numbers are on the end of the black box.
    Just for what it's worth and hope it helps.
    Dick Wells
    2008 Jaco Seneca 35' motor home (Kodiak 5500 chassis). Pulling 18' Wells Cargo enclosed trailer, with 2016 Miata in it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro_778 View Post
    I just added an Edge Juice with Attitude to my 2001 Duramax and it ran fine for a couple of days, Then last night on my way to work It died on me while going down the Highway It clatterd like spark knock on a gas engine and then it died. I put it in neutral and it started right back up but it done it again in a couple of miles. any Ideas on whats wrong.

Jay
    Unfortunately you are not alone. I sold a lot of these back in the day and have recently sold many Kennedy Custom tunes to replace failing harness boxes.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

DickWells, just curious, when it failed to upshift, what level were you running. Apparently my ooooold simple model without monitor has been much more reliable, but I will probably grab the first good control module for my 02 next time I find one at a swap meet or something like that and get one of John's tunes. Does the Kennedy tune come with a five way switch now or just the two tunes? I haven't kept up lately with the latest, too busy. With fuel prices like they are now, I hope someone it working on a detuning setup for 30 MPG for my daily driving, I'd give up some horsepower for much better fuel mileage if I knew I could get it back with a push of a button.
    I've actually resorted to cutting mine back to level one and then setting the tow haul mode to level 4 in case I need to pass someone really quick. Has worked good so far.
    02 2500HD LT D/A SB CC 4X4 BLACK, Westin stainless nerf bars, BW GN Hitch,Racor 60S post oem fuel filter, Oil Guard bypass engine oil Filter. All synthetic fluids. Kennedy boost valve, edge, Modified air intake,EGT & Boost digital gauge,TransferFlow combo fuel & tool box, Air Lift Suspesion Bags Rear & compressor with remote, Bilsteins front & rear, Frontier front replacement bumper.